URGENT - Battery Charger?

NMK62303

DIS Veteran
Hey all - we have just checked I today at the Fort and having battery issues with our 5th wheel. Is anybody here now that has a battery charger we could borrow? Thanks!

Deb

Is it a "Battery" issue or a "Charger" issue? The battery should be charging from the Truck (when running) and when plugged in it should be charging from the converter in the distribution panel.

If it's the battery, then a charger really isn't going to do much (unless it's something like your water was low and you added more to top it off). If that is the case though, then the converter should still be able to charge it.

If it's your on board charger/converter, then charging the battery will only be a short term fix.

I don't have a battery charger, just jumper cables.

We are on site 932. Currently at the Studios with the kids to have some fun. Yes it is a converter issue but our RV guy back home told us to try this. Thanks!

Look on your white table in between the two chairs.........

You're a good man, Charlie Brown....

giphy.gif

Last edited:

You are welcome, thats what we do for each other. If I can help in any other way just let me know.
Thanks bama_ed, just trying to do what I can.

Whoo hoo we have full power! The charger is working great - did you happen to change a fuse on my outside battery on the side?

so the converter needs another 35 amp fuse - anybody here have a spare one? Might try to look for a local auto parts store tomorrow. Husband just left Walmart and they don't have them.

so the converter needs another 35 amp fuse - anybody here have a spare one? Might try to look for a local auto parts store tomorrow. Husband just left Walmart and they don't have them.

There is a camping world not all that far away from the Fort.

Wow.... I am learning a lot on this trip. Things I would never have thought of too....
I can see the value in a battery charger (even a small one) now. Something I never would have thought of.

While at the pool the other day, we got talking about Tires. It seems many folks have experienced a Blow out (we have not yet, thankfully) but then shortly after they do, the get another. Mostly from the stress of the load now being transferred from the blown tire to the other good one(s) One guy now carries 2 spares.

We do have some fuses, but since we are a 30 Amp rig, never would have thought to even try 35 Amp fuses. Me though, I would probably "Cheat" it, but only if I knew why it blew in the first place.

Hope all goes well for you NMK

Battery charges are a 'must' when you RV - at least in our experiences it has been. We have a portable charger/inverter that dh uses with our generator to keep our coach battery charged. We dry camp a lot in the Smoky Mountains.

It's amazing when something as (seemingly) simple as a fuse can throw you off, but we've had a similar experience also - happened to be a handy auto parts store nearby.

While I was out, I stopped in a gas station. I thought I'd take a look..... Oil, WD40, Bungees Screw Drivers, Wiper fluid,brake fluid, transmission fluid, USB Chargers, jacks, and cables, iPhone cases... Yup... NO Fuses.... Not a one. Not a standard blade, mini blade, tubular, not even a household fuse.... But boy.... They have the "Largest Gift Selection". Even says so on their rotating overhead sign outside.

Google said the "Nearest" autoparts store was 5 miles in the opposite direction. (And a funny thing about google, is that when I pull directions that give one time/distance in the "Search" on the "Maps" app, it seems to DOUBLE, at least for the local stuff.)

Hmm, leaving on a small non-Disney vacation tomorrow in our Class A and never thought about taking a battery charger as we have a button to start the engine from the coach batteries if necessary. We do carry booster cables however. SHOULD we take along a battery charger (we do have CAA/AAA)?

So an update - super nice lady at camping world got us for fuses this morning! So far the battery charger is helping us limp along. We will certainly have one for the next trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter