US/IOA trip report Day 1 - MCO/Sheraton Safari

kityrussell

Earning My Ears
Worked all day and then headed to the airport to catch our SWA flight to start our Universal vacation. Smooth, uneventful flight to MCO, were in our National rental car by 9:15 pm. That Emerald Aisle is great but kind of pain when you want to leave but can't decide on a car! Ended up with an Alero (w/leather seats). I just loved the fact it had OHIO plates - easy to pick out in a parking lot! There was lot to choose from even at that time of night, including a Jeep.

Although we were doing Universal this trip, we wanted to stay one night near the Mouse so....headed over to Downtown Disney area and stayed at the Sheraton Safari. Check in was easy but finding our room was like going through a maze. Then we get inside - large room but it has 2 doubles - I booked a deluxe king. So I call the front desk and after being put on hold (and hung up on a few times), the manager came on and said that they should have told me they were out of king rooms and they had given me a suite to compensate. The room was really large and would be quite comfortable for a family. Plus he offered me drink coupons or free breakfast but I really didn't want those so I said thanks anyway. Let me say here that the staff really was nice and tried to help (the hangups were transfers gone wrong) and they were extremely apologetic.

At this point we were starving and tired so we headed to Crossroads area (which you probably could walk to) and ate at TGI Fridays since I knew they were open late. Food was fine, beverages were cold, life was better. Went to Goodings to grab some breakfast supplies and headed back to the room.

Preview of Day 2: Hard Rock...well... it rocks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter