US needs its own magic band!

Status
Not open for further replies.

G8r4evr

DIS Veteran
We just returned and my husband kept commenting about about how much he loved the band concept. He was carrying 4 room keys, 4 expresses passes and 4 park tickets

It can be awkward but if each person carries their own in a waterproof lanyard with the scannable side facing out, it's pretty simple. Tuck the lanyard into your shirt when riding coasters.

Would love to see that introduced for the parks. Especially for onsite guests as it's nice with Disney's not having to worry about carrying anything as tickets, fast pass, credit card, etc. are all on it.
With Universal it'd be nice now with having to scan your ticket for Hogwarts Express and now the inclusion of virtual queue lines with Jimmy Fallon and Fast and Furious. Could have everything be on it so can jsut scan the band at the gates, rides, etc. and use it for purchases. Plus could maybe combine ti with the Tapu Tapu system so that could be incorporated into the band as well if you have one.

Never been a fan of magic bands and I have 20 of them

Loews hotels are separate from UO
Many that stay onsite for conventions never enter the parks

Doubt those people would like wearing a band for their hotel room access

The deluxe hotels years ago had to change their room key situation to prevent fraud of the selling of hotel room cards
All are coded now and issues solved

A wrist band set up for the parks could have more days allowed on it for park tickets
But hotel perks could not stay on the original band if guests changed hotel stays during the vacation period

Nope, not necessary at Universal.

We use a lanyard every year and have no issues........our lanyards hold everything we need, which is very little.......room card, EP and park ticket, maybe cc and ID but it all fits.

Really can't see a problem flashing a lanyard to get in a ride with EP..........using a ticket to get in the parks once a day, maybe once more if you park hop and bring out room key.........takes seconds each time :confused3 Even with kids......unless you have 40 kids with you, doesn't take long.

The other place can keep their MB.........

As mac said Universal and Loews are 2 separate entities........

Sure, its not that inconvenient to carry a lanyard and show your ticket a few times a day. But you know what's even easier? Not having to do that. Not sure why anyone would argue against something that would make the experience better.

Yes, there are there barriers to implementing it, but nothing insurmountable.

Sure, its not that inconvenient to carry a lanyard and show your ticket a few times a day. But you know what's even easier? Not having to do that. Not sure why anyone would argue against something that would make the experience better.

Wouldn't make my experience at Universal any better........or any easier........:confused3

Not sure why anyone would think it needed simplifying!

Yep metro......that name will stick.......lol......:rotfl:

People don't realize that Loews and Universal are two different entities. Why would Loews want to invest in something that isn't going to profit them in any way? Just more headaches for them and delays at check-in. Prices would go up to cover the cost of the magic band and its implementation, etc. etc.

Let's just leave well enough alone. I'd rather Universal spend money on rides and attractions instead of a magic band.

They should at least use RFID cards for annual passes so they can be tapped like Tapu Tapu. Barcodes are being phased out in non-retail.

Exactly. Even if Loews wasn't involved it would simplify things at the parks. I've never been a big fan of lanyards, but that's just me.

To avoid this thread to escalate and turn into less of a discussion it was meant to be, it is now closed

Feel free to contact loews and UO directly with your suggestions
They are the decision makers

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter