Use Year question

belleelc77

Mouseketeer
I'm sure this has been answered before so I hope someone can point me in the right direction. I'm am currently shopping for a resale contract but I'm not sure what UY I should be buying. We normally take our longest trips early-mid December. TIA

September, October or December use year I think. Am I right?

I may be really to new to give advice though.

Select a UY that covers the 8 months that you will mostly vacation. We have a Oct UY to cover October through May months.

:earsboy: Bill

Select a UY that covers the 8 months that you will mostly vacation. We have a Oct UY to cover October through May months.

:earsboy: Bill

The rationale here is that you can only bank/borrow points during the first 8 months of your use year. So if you have to cancel a trip during that period, you still have flexibility about what to do with your points (assuming you cancel at least 31 days before scheduled check-in). But if you have to cancel a trip during the last 4 months of your use year, then you can't bank the points into the next UY - you have to use them by the end of your UY or lose them.

September, October or December use year I think. Am I right?

You are correct. You want a UY that starts before you typically travel. Ideally, you never want to travel in the last 3 months of your UY.

Lots of people assume that UY month has something to do with when you can book a stay but that is not the case.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter