Using DME and the bus system, flight leaves at 3:30. Can I make a 9:30 Chef Mickey's adr?

stacyalisa

Mouseketeer
I just want to make sure I'm not cutting things too close because I believe DME will pick us up about 4 hours before our flight which is at 3:30. Will I have time to do a 9:30 Chef Mickeys ADR and use the bus system to get back to ASMu by our pick up time? Should give us 2 hours if DME picks us up at 11:30. Just not sure how long the breakfast and transportation might take.

If it's a domestic flight, DME will pick you up about 3 hours before your flight - somewhere between 12:15 and 12:45. That's going to be cutting it fairly close.

Figure 90 minutes for breakfast and an hour to get back to the resort. That puts you at 12:00 and you will still need to allow time to get anything you've left with bell services. Keep in mind that your pick up time is the time your bus is scheduled to leave; you'll need to be waiting at the platform 15 minutes before that.

I wouldn't risk it.

I would try it. But I would also probably plan on a taxi or Uber back to the hotel if we were pressed for time.

Assuming domestic flight, your pickup time will be between 12:15 - 12:45. You want to be ready to get on the bus at least 15 minutes before the pickup time. So the "worst case" scenario would be ready to go at 12:00. Now we have some times to work with:

Get any luggage left with bell services (15 minutes): 11:45
Bus ride between MK & ASMu (20 minutes) : 11:25
Wait for bus to show up (20 minutes): 11:00
Walk from Chef Mickey's to MK (20 minutes): 10:40
Breakfast (1 hour): 9:40

I think you can do this with the following plans:
1) Show up for the ADR at 9-9:15.
2) Plan on taking uber if you get out of breakfast after 10:40.

The times I've given are "worst case", but I'm one who plans for the worst and hopes for the best.

Assuming domestic flight, your pickup time will be between 12:15 - 12:45. You want to be ready to get on the bus at least 15 minutes before the pickup time. So the "worst case" scenario would be ready to go at 12:00. Now we have some times to work with:

Get any luggage left with bell services (15 minutes): 11:45
Bus ride between MK & ASMu (20 minutes) : 11:25
Wait for bus to show up (20 minutes): 11:00
Walk from Chef Mickey's to MK (20 minutes): 10:40
Breakfast (1 hour): 9:40

I think you can do this with the following plans:
1) Show up for the ADR at 9-9:15.
2) Plan on taking uber if you get out of breakfast after 10:40.

The times I've given are "worst case", but I'm one who plans for the worst and hopes for the best.
1 hour for a character meal is definitely not "worst case." I've never had one take less than 65 minutes. For me most are 70 to 80 minutes

To the OP, you can also show up early to that ADR, never guaranteed, but always worth a try.

OP i’d Keep trying for earlier ADR. We’ve had substantial wait for table there

As suggested, have luggage checked & use uber vs internal transport, well worth it.

What resort are you staying at?

Never mind I saw all star sports. I personally wouldn’t try it, unless you are willing to take a risk and take a taxi/Uber to the airport

If you keep the 9:30 ADR ask for you check as soon as you can so you can pay it early. That will expedite things so you are not waiting for it at the end.

Also I would make sure you check your bags with the RAC, if able to use it, before you leave ASMu for breakfast.

Thanks for the advice everyone. Think I won't risk it. Constantly worrying about the time will ruin a very expensive meal for me anyway.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!