Using DVC points at Hong Kong Disneyland

mickeywho?

<font color=teal>I think when they became trendy p
Not sure where to put this one! Mod - pls move if there is a better spot.

My hubby will be going to Hong Kong in November for a business trip. He'll be there for over a week and I'm thinking of joining him for 4 days - over the weekend - and having us stay those few days in a hotel at Disney. Has anyone ever travelled there? Used points or cash for a hotel? Am I reading correctly that your hotel cost/point cost includes park tickets? Any other info would be appreciated.
Both of our flights would be paid for by the client so we only need to pay for the hotel for the recreational park of the trip - so I'm thinking this is an affordable opportunity that may not come up again.

We went to HKDL in August on my DD's 8th birthday. Prices for tickets are quite low (compared to other Disneylands) and the DL hotels are not that bad either. I would compare the prices of hotel and passes (you may want to look into an AP if you're going more than 2 days) against the point cost. IIRC, HKDL is really expensive on points!

We stayed downtown at the Conrad (*great* hotel) using Hilton Points. The subway system was very easy to use and very efficient. It was only about an hour to HKDL from Hong Kong. The character meal at the Disneyland Hotel was really very nice, but VERY VERY expensive! I would say that it was well over $125 USD for 3 of us.

BTW, one day was just about enough for us as the park s really small. 1 1/2 - 2 days would have been better as we missed two or three things.

One more thing ... you WILL be jet-lagged when you get to HK. We woke up at 3:00 AM on our first morning and were dragging our butts by about 6:00 PM. It made for an early morning, but a difficult evening.

Thanks - that gives us something to think about!
One question ... Are our annual passes from WDW good for HKDL?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter