Using Gift Cards to pay for trip

Virtucomp

DIS Veteran
I've been collecting Disney Gift cards from QuickRewards to put towards an upcomming trip. Like a dummy I waited until the last day to use them. It seems Disney's web site will not let you put more than one of a particular payment method in at one time.

I had to pay the balance so I could only use one gift card. I had to call and sit on the phone for 15 minutes listening to ride music (not a bad thing) and then read off all the gift cards to the nice lady on the other end.

I think it would have been smarter to enter one payment a day with a gift card during the week leading up to today so I could pay down the balance with gift cards.

On the web site there was a radio button that say pay the entire balance. I assume there would be a choice for partial payment if I had not waited until the last day.

The result was the same and they took all six cards I had over the phone to lower my balance before making the credit card payment to pay it off.

oh that stinks!

I've been prepared for that, and once I make my deposit, I'll be regularly making payments, because I have just enough cards to pay for the trip, but they're all in $25 and $50 increments.

Live and learn, right? :goodvibes

oh that stinks!

I've been prepared for that, and once I make my deposit, I'll be regularly making payments, because I have just enough cards to pay for the trip, but they're all in $25 and $50 increments.

Live and learn, right? :goodvibes

Please post back here after you make a payment or two with gift cards online. Since I was dumb enough to wait until the last day I could not test the ability to pay with one card a day. Since so many are getting gift cards it would help everyone to know how to plan.

Please post back here after you make a payment or two with gift cards online. Since I was dumb enough to wait until the last day I could not test the ability to pay with one card a day. Since so many are getting gift cards it would help everyone to know how to plan.

Will do! Although we don't even have a deposit down yet. Might be a while! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter