Using Old Magic Band?

Kbryant

Earning My Ears
My family and I are going to MNSSHP on the 19th. We just booked it last night! That is the only day we will be at the parks, and we are not staying on property. I did get fastpasses booked for the 4-7 pm timeframe. My question...should we take our magicbands from a previous trip to access those fastpasses? (I assume we don't get them with just the party ticket). Are they automatically activated? Or can our fast passes be accessed from the app? Thanks for the help!

Last edited:
Check your MDE account. If you see both your magic band and your MNSSHP tickets, you should be good to go. I assume you will see at least the MNSSHP tickets since you were able to make fastpass+ reservations.

I'm wondering this same thing- we are going to the Halloween party tonight and booked fastpasses, but have print at home tickets. I have old magic bands, but cant figure out how to link the MNSSHP tickets to the magic bands using the app :( I think I may just go to the park early and try to get the paper tickets converted to plastic ones

I'm wondering this same thing- we are going to the Halloween party tonight and booked fastpasses, but have print at home tickets. I have old magic bands, but cant figure out how to link the MNSSHP tickets to the magic bands using the app :( I think I may just go to the park early and try to get the paper tickets converted to plastic ones

If the tickets are linked to mde and the bands are still active on mde (and you would have had to go in to deactivate them) then they are linked.

We ended up just going to a ticket window at TTC and swapping out our paper printed tickets for plastic card ones and we were good to go!

I have old magic bands, but cant figure out how to link the MNSSHP tickets to the magic bands using the app

You don't link tickets to a Magic Band per se.

Each person needs to have an identity in your MDE account.

You assign a Magic Band to a person's identity in the MDE account. (If you are staying or stayed on site, this should have happened automatically when you customized your Magic Bands. If staying off-site or if you purchased Magic Bands, you enter the info into your MDE account.)

You assign a ticket to a person's identity in the MDE account. (Regular tickets automatically appear in your account if you bought them online from Disney. If you did not buy them online from Disney, you enter the ticket info into your MDE account. I'm not sure how it works for MNSSHP tickets, but if you bought online I would think they would automatically appear in your account.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter