Using points on a current reservation (cruise)

Alyleth

Disney & Doctor Who Crazy
Hello! My 2 week grand villa vacation at Aulani was just cancelled this morning. :( I logged in, and now have a ton of points available in my Dec 2019 use year. My question is regarding a cruise that we have already scheduled for next August. We have the deposit down, and have not yet started making payments. Can I use some of my points for that? I know you can use points for a cruise (and yes, I know it's not the best use of points) but I haven't seen anything about transferring points to an already booked cruise. Someone please rain down with your knowledge!

Did DVC cancel your reservation or did you cancel it?

If Disney did, I'd call and ask them to let you bank the 2019 points into 2020. It's only 6 days past the normal banking deadline and they cancelled it.

DVC cancelled it this morning. I logged on to see what was going on and saw the reservation was gone. I have points banked from 2018 and borrowed from 2020 that are now all sitting in 2019.

DVC cancelled it this morning. I logged on to see what was going on and saw the reservation was gone. I have points banked from 2018 and borrowed from 2020 that are now all sitting in 2019.

They will return the 2020 points for sure. Since the points were in a reservation for a closed resort, they should put back the 2019, but it won’t happen until after Dec 1st. I’d still call though to make sure.

The 2018 points, however, will probably expire on November 30th, 2020.

In terms of the cruise, if you have points eligible for them, you could maybe book but it can’t be used for a trip booked via cash...it would have to go through MS.

I think you will need to call to find out exactly what points you can use.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter