>> Using Pools at Other Resorts: FAQ & Questions <<

Yes, you can. ::yes::
The pool at POR in my opinion is much nicer than that at POFQ. We like the slide better, there is more deep water (the water temperature stays cooler, at POFQ in the summer, that water can get quite warm), and the bar is nicer. I love the Hurricanes they serve there!

I think the policies as they stand are fair. I myself have never stayed at a Deluxe resort because I'd rather spend my money elsewhere, so I haven't gotten the chance to swim in a really top notch "fancy pool", but at the root of it, as long as you have a beach chair and pool, fancy or not, to dip in and out of, it really doesn't matter. As an adult, I think what it really comes down to is just simply having a place to lay out, get some sun, and maybe take dip for a little bit. I can understand a child's desire to have a fancy pool because with the nicer pools come nicer themeing and decorations, which means more to keep them entertained. But if you're a guest, paying a lot of money to stay at the yacht club, and then here come people not paying for the experience and taking up space that could be for other paying guest, that would be pretty annoying. I'm glad disney has initiated these policies because it's only fair. I would want to be sure that my family has a place at the pool if we're paying the money.

As an adult, I think what it really comes down to is just simply having a place to lay out, get some sun, and maybe take dip for a little bit. I can understand a child's desire to have a fancy pool because with the nicer pools come nicer themeing and decorations, which means more to keep them entertained.

I think it’s opposite. Most kids like any pool. I loved the simple rectangles at motel 6 growing up and going on road trips. Kids can entertain themselves for hours in the simplest of pools.

Adults want the fancy trappings, the plush loungers, the pretty views.

I think it’s opposite. Most kids like any pool. I loved the simple rectangles at motel 6 growing up and going on road trips. Kids can entertain themselves for hours in the simplest of pools.

Adults want the fancy trappings, the plush loungers, the pretty views.

Either way, my point was that if a guest is paying the money to experience a nicer pool/resort/ammenities, it's unfair that people not paying can swoop in enjoy the same amenities without paying. I was just supporting the rule. I am happy to just be in WDW, the pool doens't matter to me :)

Why dont they attach the pool gate to your Magic Band so that only resort parton's can enter?

Why dont they attach the pool gate to your Magic Band so that only resort parton's can enter?

They do. Several of the newer pools (like AoA) or those near theme parks (BLT and YC/BC) already do this. I imagine they'll get around to putting scanners at all pools eventually.

They do. Several of the newer pools (like AoA) or those near theme parks (BLT and YC/BC) already do this. I imagine they'll get around to putting scanners at all pools eventually.
On one hand I hate that people don't have enough common since not to crash another resorts pool but I can see the need for gates just for safety reasons. I remember as a kid we used to go for a midnight swim during our vacations. My parents never even knew we left the room.

I hope that Disney can start to design the pools with a fence and gate in mind. Some of the older resorts look terrible with the new gates.

i think it would be a great idea for us to use any Disney pool if a full paying guest..I dont think it would impact any one pool ..I have stayed at Beach Club 3 times and got bored of the same pool and would have loved to investigate another resort and pool..people are in and out of the parks to much to make a difference to crowding around one place!

i think it would be a great idea for us to use any Disney pool if a full paying guest..I dont think it would impact any one pool ..I have stayed at Beach Club 3 times and got bored of the same pool and would have loved to investigate another resort and pool..people are in and out of the parks to much to make a difference to crowding around one place!
Do you realize how overrun Stormalong Bay or the MK resort pools would be if that happened? Any paying guest would be irate. If you want to try out a different pool, register as a guest at that pool.

That *might* work if all of the resort pools had similar features. But there's a very wide range of "elaborateness" among the resort pools, based on resort category. All of the traffic would flow to the pools at the deluxe resorts. If a guest were staying at Pop, with its very basic pools without slides, would they be more likely to pool-hop to one of the All Stars, or to Stormalong Bay? The resorts near theme parks (deluxes) would also have a much bigger influx of pool-hoppers than the ones that aren't. If you were planning a day at MK and knew you could take an afternoon swim break at any resort, would you be more likely to hop the monorail and swim at the Poly, or take a bus to the All Stars, which would require a bus ride to the opposite end of WDW?

This is why Disney's pool rules are what they are. There was a time, when there were just a couple of deluxe resorts at WDW, that they allowed exactly what you suggest. That changed when they began building different categories of resort.

That *might* work if all of the resort pools had similar features. But there's a very wide range of "elaborateness" among the resort pools, based on resort category. All of the traffic would flow to the pools at the deluxe resorts. If a guest were staying at Pop, with its very basic pools without slides, would they be more likely to pool-hop to one of the All Stars, or to Stormalong Bay? The resorts near theme parks (deluxes) would also have a much bigger influx of pool-hoppers than the ones that aren't. If you were planning a day at MK and knew you could take an afternoon swim break at any resort, would you be more likely to hop the monorail and swim at the Poly, or take a bus to the All Stars, which would require a bus ride to the opposite end of WDW?

This is why Disney's pool rules are what they are. There was a time, when there were just a couple of deluxe resorts at WDW, that they allowed exactly what you suggest. That changed when they began building different categories of resort.
yes maybe your right...For me i am a 60 year old guest that would not care about how elaborate the pool was or if it had a slide it would just be nice to use the nearest one for a quick dip when hot instead of always having to travel back to just one resort....Also my 12 year old grand daughters favourite pool is FQ and preferred that pool when staying there rather than Stormalong bay..At the end of the day a pool is just somewhere to cool in ,i think people are to busy in theme parks to spends hours in a pool..

So I'm assuming this means I can't use the pool at the Fort Wilderness Campsite at all when I'm not staying there? We've booked both horseback riding and archery at that resort, but there's a few hours to kill in between, so I had hoped to relax by the pool there while we're waiting.

So I'm assuming this means I can't use the pool at the Fort Wilderness Campsite at all when I'm not staying there? We've booked both horseback riding and archery at that resort, but there's a few hours to kill in between, so I had hoped to relax by the pool there while we're waiting.
I believe you can if you’re staying at the wilderness lodge, but otherwise, no.

I believe you can if you’re staying at the wilderness lodge, but otherwise, no.

I'm not sure you can. You can't swim at the WL pools if you're staying at the campground or cabins and I think this works both ways. They're not really sister resorts like, say, Port Orleans.

Staying at POP in Sept, 2 adults, 2 children. We will be in park most of the open hours. I would like to see a couple other resorts/pools in the evening after the parks. Looking at them with 2 kids would cruel and unusual punishment not to let them get wet. Are any more likely to accept an evening request to swim or are lifeguards even on duty late?

Staying at POP in Sept, 2 adults, 2 children. We will be in park most of the open hours. I would like to see a couple other resorts/pools in the evening after the parks. Looking at them with 2 kids would cruel and unusual punishment not to let them get wet. Are any more likely to accept an evening request to swim

No.

or are lifeguards even on duty late?

Yes there are. And if they're not on duty, there's no swimming.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!