Vacation Magic?

Granny

Yeah, I'm a guy
I've seen several posts about receiving this year's Vacation Magic.

Okay, I'll show my ignorance....what is VM?

And more importantly, why haven't I got one? (sob):(

Hi Granny, we are neighbors! VM referrs to the Vacation Magic. which is a quartely newsletter put out by DVC for it's members. If you are member you should be receiveing them. If you have not, I would call member services and have them mail you the ones you have missed and make sure you are on the mailing list. Also you can access some of the past issues on the dvc member website. You'll have to call member services to get the login name and password.

I just closed on my first DVC contract a few weeks ago, so maybe I haven't hit their computer mailing list yet.:(

Thanks for the info....I'll give MS a call (Thursday or Friday...this isn't worth a long wait).

I have access to the members' site so I'll go browse their in the meantime.

Very helpful response.

The current issue would be the first since you've joined. I have not received mine yet....usually takes several weeks for everyone to get their copy.

I just got mine yesterday.

To change the subject somewhat, does anyone else find that VM is kind of low on content? Maybe it's just because we are all so connected electronically, but I didn't find anything in there that was really news.

Haven't gotten mine yet ..
Kcritter, I read it online and I have to agree- a lot of old news. I think we get more info here. And I really don't get the change to yearly member books- unless they are going to be cheap flimsy things which will save them over the long haul - not having to print anymore expensive binders. I think the binders are well done, and with the cost of yearly publication, I can't imagine the quality of annual guidebooks will be very high.

Another disadvantage that I see to the new yearly books, is that I won't be able to print the good ideas that I find here on the DIS boards and slip in with my other DVC stuff like I can with a 3 ring binder. Now I'll need a separate folder or something for the GOOD stuff!:)

Just got ours Monday too. Seems like it is always old news since we hear it all on the DIS first!

VM arrived today in Northern IL. It seems like they need to be more up to date on some info: ie back page: News From WDW. It's a little late to plan on a Sept visit for the Latin nights, MNSSHP tickets have been on sale for awhile now, Food and Wine special events are already sold out. I believe when they redesign, they should announce events for the next season. We should have seen some info about CP, MVMCP, NYE, etc. by winter's issue it will be too late. Participants of this board are on top of things, but anyone depending on the VM for info is in trouble.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter