Vacation Video

Steven41782

DIS Veteran
Have you all seen these family Disney vacation videos on youtube that are edited, set to music, etc? Well, I did and I was borderline jealous. I want to make one for my family (please don’t hold your breath though).
I was wondering if anyone is happy with their HD camcorder… (is it still ok to call them camcorders?) I have a Sony HandyCam MiniDVD, which is ok, but NOT HD and the miniDVDs only hold 30 minutes of video which is really annoying if you want to record like a wedding or anything over 30 minutes. So, I’m looking to replace it. Any suggestions? I’m in the $300-400 price range. Thanks.
Steven

Which video's? I'd be interested in looking at them. Do you have a link?

Wow, that is good. I don't know if I have the patience to do a video like that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DpiQ-D_kaxY

Here's the one that got me thinking...

that was a good video.

My HD camcorder is a sony handycam that I bought in 2007. I personally love everything about it except that the lens isn't wide enough for my liking (which I only discovered after buying and using it) At the time I bought it, it was out of your price range, but if you can find one in your price range, I'd recommend it.

CNET usually has very good reviews and comparisons of camcorders.

I;ve only got a very basic movie editor... I'm going to try it though.

We have a JVC HD Everio. I like it. I;m sure there are better ones but for around $600 (2~ years ago) it was a good deal for the options. I forget the specs but a max 20x optical zoom and 60 gig hard drive plus SD slot.

Daylight is amazing. Nighttime... well I'll try and make something a post it. I've nver done one before so it may take a few days.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter