Vacation Village at Parkway Review

StarShine3

Earning My Ears
My husband and I booked a "Last Call" deal with RCI. We have a 1 bedroom "B" style suite (no range/oven) from June 30th to July 7th. We were happy to get a last call for the 4th of July week. Only 1 bedrooms were available but that suited our needs fine...until our college age daughter found out that she could have the week off of work and wanted to come with us. She slept on the pull out couch so it ended up working well and for less than $350 for the week we had enough space for all 3 of us.

All three of us have Disney Annual Passes so we would spend most of our free time at the Disney parks. My husband works remotely. We planned that he would work Monday and Tuesday from the resort. We wanted a resort with a pool and hot tub but the other extra activities were not important to us.

About 10 days before the trip I requested a room via email. I used the email address listed on the Vacation Village at Parkway website. I requested 1. New/Refurbished 2. View of Pool/Nature. We got a room in building 20 (new) on the top (14th) floor. We were facing Epcot, HS and MK. The pool was below us, slightly to the left. It was way better than I expected to get considering the price I payed.

Here is a view from our window. Pictures from the balcony don't turn out well due to the bug screen.
IMG_1868.JPG
AF1QipNW_1d0tznLIlwJg6jgahcnQ7qqI3juC-UndtpX

jtLj7LsbefZwp6Sy8

Here is a map of the many buildings and pools.
IMG_1867.JPG
RKYm3uG81Qz3PbVy7

They do offer free shuttles to some parks and the closes Publix grocery store. He is a sample of the shuttle times while we were here. Since we have Annual Passes and have free parking at the parks we drove our own car to and from, giving us much more flexibility. Travel time to the parks was reasonable and was fairly easy.
IMG_1866.JPG

1oraCWzEs7E2SsKK9

While the activities were not important to us they did offer several things each day.
5gv7fsWw42cbWk2N7

IMG_1865.JPG
The pool area was nice enough and not too crowded. The pool and hot tub was basic and felt more like Disney's Pop Century rather than Wyndham Bonnet Creek Resort's pools.

Our room was clean with modern decor. There was a small washer and dryer in the unit. I did about 4 loads as we spent a lot of time sweating at the theme parks. You are provided with basic supplies like dishsoap, dishwasher detergent, laundry soap & salt and pepper. I would be sure to bring your own shampoo and conditioner as well as dryer sheets. I missed having an oven but since we ate most lunches and dinners out it wasn't a deal breaker. The WIFI was adequate and my husband was able to work from the condo without any issues. The bed was fine but not as comfortable as most other hotels/timeshares that I have stayed at.

I would come back here if I got the same rate. If I was going to pay full price, I'd rather stay at
Wyndham Bonnet Creek.

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing your experience! Wow, sounds as if you really got a terrific bargain - $350 for a week!:flower:

That was a wonderful review. Always wondered about this resort as it does have a lot of availability in RCI. I agree with you regarding Bonnet Creek. It is sad that it hard to get now on RCI. Thanks again for such a detailed review.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!