• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

VB -> Port Canaveral - Should we rent a car???

allison k

I'm a lurker, not a poster!
We're going on the Magic in April and will be staying at VB for 3 nights ahead of time. (YAY! Our first trip to DVC!) We would like to go up to Kennedy for one of the days and then just have a hang out day before the cruise. I'm assuming that there's transportation to VB from the airport, but what about from VB to Kennedy and the port? (guide said no bus to port) Are we better off renting a car at the airport and then driving it to the port from VB? I'll be posting in the DCL forum as well.

I'm getting so darn excited about this trip my stomach is full of butterflies!

We stayed at Vero the night before our December '04 cruise. We rented a car at the airport and returned it to Avis before the cruise. After we took a limo back to WDW. I don't know of any transportation options between MCO and Vero and between Vero and the port. I think your best bet would be the rental car.

I had a feeling car rental would be best, but I want to "save" money somewhere on this trip. Are there are car rental places near the port to return to?

We also (in Jan) will be cruising, and staying at VB for 3 days prior. We are flying into MCO, and have tickets to see the King Tut expo in Ft. Lauderdale before the cruise. We will also be going to WDW following the cruise for a week. I decided the best deal was to rent a car. The parking at the port will cost about $40 -- given the cost of the cruise, I figured the rental and parking costs to be peanuts. We want flexibility in getting around. I think it's the way to go.

HTH

A one way one day rental is cheaper than a cab or limo. I have even done this in the past going from MCO to Cape Canaveral. There are several car rental companies in Cocoa Bch. They provide transportation to the port. Very easy. I know there is a Budget and a few others. I am not sure what car rental companies are in vERO.

I don't know about transportation btwn MCO and Vero. I would think car rental would be most economical. You can do a one-way one day if you do not plan on having the car the whole time at Vero.

Have a great trip.

We picked our car up at the airport & dropped it off at the port, no problem at all and I would think cheaper than Limo service.

You do need a car at Vero though, there is nothing near.

At Port Canaveral the drop off's are all near the port and there are shuttles to the ship. On the way back there are pick ups that will take you to the rental places...
Check out mousesavers for the rentals near the port.

Have a great trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter