Vegetarian Burgers

We Believe

Earning My Ears
Can anyone tell me about the veggie burgers available throughout the resort? From looking over menus on Deb Wills site, I noticed that they are available in every park and many resorts.

I am a vegan (strict vegetarian) and therefore do not eat any animal products. Are the veggie burgers like Boca burgers (close in appearance and taste to beef) or are they just compressed vegetables (like the BK Veggie Burgers)?

I don't know if you are heading to Disney soon, but if not, you can pick up and read a few guide books that are made for vegetarians. You may find your answer there.

DD was a vegetarian on our last trip (has now gone back to eating meat), but she wasn't a vegan, so any of the veggie burgers were fine for her. We tried them at Rosie's at MGM and they were gross!

I am also a vegetarian but not a vegan...I enjoy the veggie burgers...they are closer to Boca than a gardenburger...I hope that helps.

Are the veggie burgers like Boca burgers (close in appearance and taste to beef) or are they just compressed vegetables (like the BK Veggie Burgers)?
Some are boca burgers and some are the gardenburger type. I believe Rosie's at MGM has vegan boca burgers. I think most of the others around WDW contain dairy. You can always ask to see the box. They'll bring it out for you.

Check out our veggie posts a few up from here for some ideas! I am a veggie but try and avoid dairy, and wish that someone would help the poor vegans. Yes, a lot of the veggie burgers have dairy.

Try the veggie burger at Grand Floridian though - it's a homemade one and awesome!

Usually vegan meals inside the park can be challenging, particularly fast food items.

Good luck, and let us know some of your 'finds' when you return!!!

You should order the book "Vegetarian Walt Disney World" from Amazon. It has been a great help in planning our vegetarian honeymoon! On almost every page they have vegan options and I believe that most of the veggie burgers in WDW are vegan Boca burgers. You may need to watch out for the buns though, most of them contain eggs and/or dairy. I'm sure as a vegan you're used to asking! Good Luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter