Vehicles?

Babsy

DIS Veteran
Hi there!

Are you allowed to bring your car to your campsite and keep it there? I am guessing not, if people are needing to rent golf carts?

How do you bring your tent and all your 'stuff' to your site?

Thank you!

Hi there!

Are you allowed to bring your car to your campsite and keep it there? I am guessing not, if people are needing to rent golf carts?

Thank you!
Yes you can drive your car to your campsite and keep it there. People rent the golf carts to drive around the campground. You can't really drive to the store or swimming pools because they don't have parking. Disney has a bus to get around the campground so you don't have to drive.
Have a great time. The campground is really nice.

Thank you!!!

I suppose that it is also OK to use the car to leave the campground to go buy groceries?

I'm new to the camping in WDW. It is surprisingly exciting to begin to plan - a bit different from staying in a resort!

Babs

Thank you!!!

I suppose that it is also OK to use the car to leave the campground to go buy groceries?

I'm new to the camping in WDW. It is surprisingly exciting to begin to plan - a bit different from staying in a resort!

Babs
You sure can. You can come and go just like any other campground. Have fun planning !

You can leave to go to the store, drive to the parks if you like. Golf carts and bikes are a good way to see the different loops in the campground as it is big. But golf carts are not required by an means, we have done our previous 2 trips no golf carts and no problems, we just use the internal buses, or walk. Enjoy planning, not like any resort.

You can leave to go to the store, drive to the parks if you like. Golf carts and bikes are a good way to see the different loops in the campground as it is big. But golf carts are not required by an means, we have done our previous 2 trips no golf carts and no problems, we just use the internal buses, or walk. Enjoy planning, not like any resort.

:thumbsup2

I tried looking for my welcome packet from March but couldn't find it, this is from Touring Plans:

The most important thing you must know about transportation at Fort Wilderness is that the is no car parking except at your own campsite or cabin, at the front of the resort (the Outpost) for check-in and day guests, and 15 minute parking at the Meadows Trading Post for picking up supplies from the retail outlet there. There is no parking at the Settlement (where you find Hoop Dee Doo and Trail’s End) except for bikes and golf carts.

The Meadow's trading post has very few, maybe 6 - 8 parking spaces for cars.

Golf carts are an expensive accessory but not required. We bike, walk, bus, or drive. Cars can go at the site but on the pavement and not sticking out into the road.

Bama Ed

I tried looking for my welcome packet from March but couldn't find it, this is from Touring Plans:

The most important thing you must know about transportation at Fort Wilderness is that the is no car parking except at your own campsite or cabin, at the front of the resort (the Outpost) for check-in and day guests, and 15 minute parking at the Meadows Trading Post for picking up supplies from the retail outlet there. There is no parking at the Settlement (where you find Hoop Dee Doo and Trail’s End) except for bikes and golf carts.

The Meadow's trading post has very few, maybe 6 - 8 parking spaces for cars.

That is really helpful information! Thank you.

Golf carts are an expensive accessory but not required. We bike, walk, bus, or drive. Cars can go at the site but on the pavement and not sticking out into the road.

Bama Ed

That makes sense. Thanks for the input.

I am not decided if we will want a golf cart or not, but I am considering getting one for the convenience. The problem is that there will be six of us and I believe that most carts seat 4. Is it possible to seat four adults and sit two small children on two adults laps? If not, we would probably need two carts, I guess.

We won't have bikes, unfortunately, so we would be walking or busing around the campgrounds without carts.

The Fort has a six sweater but it is first come first serve. I have seen adults holding there younger children in there laps. You could rent a four seater and then inquire if a 6 is available.

Hi there!

Thank you!
Yes, you can keep your car at the campsite or cabin. What you cannot do is park your car at the Settlement Outpost, by Pioneer Hall & the boat to MK, or by the Meadows store, campfire, etc. That's why some people rent carts, but there is an internal bus system, so a cart is not required.

We tent camped a few years ago after flying in with no car. We had a car service pick us up at the airport, and then drop off us and our gear off at our campsite. We did not rent a golf cart, and it was not necessary. A Fort Wilderness employee brought a cart out to bring our gear to back to the main building upon departure.

Yes, you can keep your car at the campsite or cabin. What you cannot do is park your car at the Settlement Outpost, by Pioneer Hall & the boat to MK, or by the Meadows store, campfire, etc. That's why some people rent carts, but there is an internal bus system, so a cart is not required.

We tent camped a few years ago after flying in with no car. We had a car service pick us up at the airport, and then drop off us and our gear off at our campsite. We did not rent a golf cart, and it was not necessary. A Fort Wilderness employee brought a cart out to bring our gear to back to the main building upon departure.

That is interesting and definitely good to know. We do plan on having a car, but knowing that it isn't necessary is nice.

Thanks for the help!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter