Vendors for Premier League tickets

Angie_Ohio

Mouseketeer
My son and I are planning an April trip and would like to attend a EPL game. Direct sales through the team don't open until 30 days prior to game day for non-members. We would like to secure tickets before we travel but are not familiar with brokers in the UK. Seems there is StubHub which we have here in the US. Are there any other reputable brokers? Not looking for discount or cheap tickets just secure vendors. Thanks for any help.

The law in the UK means that it is not legal to buy Premier League tickets except through the clubs themselves (or their official approved ticketing partners). I know that's probably not what you wanted to hear, but it's better that you're aware of that so you don't run into any problems. That doesn't stop people trying to sell them online through StubHub / Viagogo / whoever, but note that you will have no recourse if it goes wrong.

You can re-sell or buy tickets from secondary sellers for pretty much anything else in the UK including concerts, shows and other sports; but football is a no-go. I think the laws probably date back to when there were major problems with hooliganism in the 1980's and maybe they should be reviewed, but for now, that's the way it is.

The law in the UK means that it is not legal to buy Premier League tickets except through the clubs themselves (or their official approved ticketing partners). I know that's probably not what you wanted to hear, but it's better that you're aware of that so you don't run into any problems. That doesn't stop people trying to sell them online through StubHub / Viagogo / whoever, but note that you will have no recourse if it goes wrong.

You can re-sell or buy tickets from secondary sellers for pretty much anything else in the UK including concerts, shows and other sports; but football is a no-go. I think the laws probably date back to when there were major problems with hooliganism in the 1980's and maybe they should be reviewed, but for now, that's the way it is.
Thank you for the info. We are going to buy the membership and hope for the opportunity to purchase tickets. Then we'll watch in a pub with other fans if we aren't lucky.

You will find it easier to buy hospitality tickets. These are more pricey ones that often come with access to a bar or similar. Sometimes with a tour of the stadium on another day. You can buy them direct or through all sorts of agents legitimately. Not from fans.

It is tough getting tickets in general though. My team went up to the premiership this year. We couldn't get a season ticket as they decided not to sell any what with covid and a new stadium and a new league making it hard to predict things. So we got membership for £40 per person. So far we've not been able to secure tickets to a single home premiership match despite going online dead on when the tickets go live.

When Fulham were in the premiership I used to be able to get tickets fairly easily for the smaller games and they have a neutral area which is nice, and west ham was easy as they had a big stadium and lost all the time so not many bothered going.

Do you have a preferred team/venue?

You will find it easier to buy hospitality tickets. These are more pricey ones that often come with access to a bar or similar. Sometimes with a tour of the stadium on another day. You can buy them direct or through all sorts of agents legitimately. Not from fans.

It is tough getting tickets in general though. My team went up to the premiership this year. We couldn't get a season ticket as they decided not to sell any what with covid and a new stadium and a new league making it hard to predict things. So we got membership for £40 per person. So far we've not been able to secure tickets to a single home premiership match despite going online dead on when the tickets go live.

When Fulham were in the premiership I used to be able to get tickets fairly easily for the smaller games and they have a neutral area which is nice, and west ham was easy as they had a big stadium and lost all the time so not many bothered going.

Do you have a preferred team/venue?
Our team is Arsenal and we will be in London when they play Man U so we know it will be lucky if we are able to get tickets.

Yeah, that'll be a tough one, even with the form of both teams lately loads of people will want to see it and London is so easy to get to for so many casual fans too.
Good luck! (Getting tickets I mean - I sincerely hope Manchester United win the match itself ;-D )

Yeah, that'll be a tough one, even with the form of both teams lately loads of people will want to see it and London is so easy to get to for so many casual fans too.
Good luck! (Getting tickets I mean - I sincerely hope Manchester United win the match itself ;-D )
We got tickets through Arsenal with a Hospitality package!! Ya Gunners Ya!!

Just in time for utd's new manager bounce back. It's going to be another Brentford score ;-) :teeth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter