Venting: Accessible rooms galore right now I feel like an able-bodied person...but can't go due to pandemic.

ZJ5/9D47

Mouseketeer
I was playing around on WDW's reservations site and although some categories of accessible rooms at the POP are sold out, there are rooms every night I checked that I could physically stay in without struggling to use the toilet or shower or navigate...or pay a lot more for a preferred room that I don't need or want to pay extra for.

Able-bodied guests pretty much always have access to a last minute room or deal and the discounts offered, but this is the first time ever I could actually choose when and what resort and how long I wanted to stay without booking ⅔ (maybe an exaggeration for the low periods) of a year in advance and paying rack rate. By the time Passholder discounts come out, it is always something...weekends are booked, only preferred ($$$) rooms are available, preferred resort isn't available. Maybe one or two weeks work out and fortunately I have a flexible work schedule or I couldn't go to WDW at all. Non-ADA rooms would have full availability and full choice within those dates so I always end up feeling a bit less-than dealing with the whole process.

It was really nice to feel that "normal" thrill of being able to freely travel whenever and wherever...but there is still a pandemic going on and I can't afford to get sick.

I was playing around on WDW's reservations site and although some categories of accessible rooms at the POP are sold out, there are rooms every night I checked that I could physically stay in without struggling to use the toilet or shower or navigate...or pay a lot more for a preferred room that I don't need or want to pay extra for.

Able-bodied guests pretty much always have access to a last minute room or deal and the discounts offered, but this is the first time ever I could actually choose when and what resort and how long I wanted to stay without booking ⅔ (maybe an exaggeration for the low periods) of a year in advance and paying rack rate. By the time Passholder discounts come out, it is always something...weekends are booked, only preferred ($$$) rooms are available, preferred resort isn't available. Maybe one or two weeks work out and fortunately I have a flexible work schedule or I couldn't go to WDW at all. Non-ADA rooms would have full availability and full choice within those dates so I always end up feeling a bit less-than dealing with the whole process.

It was really nice to feel that "normal" thrill of being able to freely travel whenever and wherever...but there is still a pandemic going on and I can't afford to get sick.

Hi, ZJ5/9D47.

I agree.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter