Venture outside your comfort zone: the rewards are worth it! KSellers88’s Journal (Comments Welcome)

upload_2018-8-27_10-21-9.png

Here we go!

Today is day one of my marathon training plan for the Kiawah Island marathon on December 8th. I'm excited to see what I can do. I have a few different goals for this race that definitely scare me and excite me at the same time, the main one which is to PR (under 4:27) after my somewhat disappointing result at RNR Savannah last November. The "A" goal that I am even scared to type (I've written and deleted it at least five times) is to go sub-4. Fingers crossed all this work and summer running will pay off!

I am (of course) following another @DopeyBadger plan and have the same schedule I've been using for the past year, with harder days on Tuesday, Thursday and Sunday, and rest days on Wednesdays.

Upcoming Training Schedule:
M: 3 miles @ EA (10:12)
Tu: 4 miles @ EA
W: Rest Day!
Th: 4 miles @ EA
F: 5 miles @ EB (9:31) and Strides
Sa: 5 miles @ LR (9:10)
Su: 4 miles @ EA...and we leave for the BEACH!

View attachment 346439

Here we go!

Today is day one of my marathon training plan for the Kiawah Island marathon on December 8th. I'm excited to see what I can do. I have a few different goals for this race that definitely scare me and excite me at the same time, the main one which is to PR (under 4:27) after my somewhat disappointing result at RNR Savannah last November. The "A" goal that I am even scared to type (I've written and deleted it at least five times) is to go sub-4. Fingers crossed all this work and summer running will pay off!

I am (of course) following another @DopeyBadger plan and have the same schedule I've been using for the past year, with harder days on Tuesday, Thursday and Sunday, and rest days on Wednesdays.

M: 3 miles @ EA (10:12)
Tu: 4 miles @ EA
W: Rest Day!
Th: 4 miles @ EA
F: 5 miles @ EB (9:31) and Strides
Sa: 5 miles @ LR (9:10)
Su: 4 miles @ EA...and we leave for the BEACH!

I've got a time in mind too. ::yes::

Yay marathon training! I'm excited to follow along and see you get that 3:something marathon time! I know you can do this!

OMG. Seeing you type 3:XX freaked me out, but I guess that would be the time if I go sub-4. Yikessssss. Thank you!

YASSSSS. So so so excited to watch you CRUSH this goal girl. You are an inspiration to me. <3

Aw thanks! You're an inspiration to me with tackling those dang mountains you climb! I appreciate it so much!

Woohoo!! You are going to kill it. Can't wait to watch it play out.

Thank you, I hope so!

I'm behind again...but for a good reason!
3.%2BHAPPINESS%2BIS%252C%2BTAKING%2BA%2BVACATION.gif

We have been at the beach since September 2nd, and just got back on Sunday which is why this update is so delayed. The good news is that I have not missed ANY runs on my training plan so far!

So what has happened since my last update??
8/27: 3 miles @ 10:06 pace

8/28: 4 miles @ 10:04 pace

8/29: Rest Day!

8/30: 4 miles @ 10:02 pace

8/31: 5 miles @ 9:25 pace

9/1: 5 miles @ 8:48 pace...I had to look back and figure out why these paces were in the 8s. This was my "long run" day so they should have been closer to my 9:10 goal, but apparently I was unable to help myself and ran too fast.

9/2: 4 miles @ 10:15 pace

9/3: FIRST BEACH RUN! 4 miles @ 10:13 pace

9/4: First little bit of speedwork on this plan...workout was 1 mile WU, 1 @T pace, 4x200m w/200m recovery, 1 mile @ T pace and a 1 mile cool down.

Results: 1 mile @ 10:33, 1 mile @ 7:57, 4x200m w/200m recovery :-)55, :55, :52, :55), 1 mile @ 7:57 and 1 mile cool down @ 10:39.

This run was done during the beginning of Tropical Storm Gordon, so I dealt with 15-20 mph winds and rain, but I felt so strong the whole time. Hoping the rest of the plan feels this way!

9/5: Rest day!

9/6: Tempo run! 2 mile warm up @ 10:31 and 10:38, 4 miles @ Tempo (8:26 goal), and 1 mile cool down @ 10:47.

Tempo miles were: 8:28, 8:24, 8:20, 8:22

9/7: 7 miles @ 9:28 pace...I ran from Dune Allen Beach to Seaside along 30A on this run. It is absolutely one of my favorite routes to run. It is actually the route I will run for my half marathon next month. The Truman Show was actually filmed in Seaside, a picture of his house is below from the day we got rained out from going to the beach!
beach 2.jpg
beach 1.jpg

9/8: 7 miles @ 9:07 pace...obsessed with this mural. LOL
beach 3.jpg

9/9: Last beach run...4 miles @ 10:11 pace
beach 4.jpg
9/10: 4 treadmill miles @ 10:12 pace

9/11: Workout was 1 mile WU, 4x200m @ R pace (6:50) w/200m recovery, 3x1 mile @ T pace (7:54 goal), and 1 mile cool down.

Results: 1 mile @ 10:35, 4x200m :-)50, :50, :50, :48) these were all a few seconds slow with the exception of the last one, 3 miles @ 7:55, 7:52 and 7:55, 1 mile @ 11:21.

This workout felt pretty good overall. Unfortunately it was monsooning at the track I normally run on, so I had no choice except to do these on our road at home which is less than ideal. Proud of the results though!

9/12: Rest day!

W: Rest Day
Th: 2 mile WU, 5 miles @ Tempo (8:26), 1 mile CD
F: 4 miles @ EA (10:12)
Sa: 7 miles @ EB (9:31)
Su: 11 miles @ Long Run (9:10)
M: 4 miles @ EA
Tu: 1 mile WU, 3x1.5 miles @ T (7:54) w/3 min rest, 4x200m @ R (6:50) w/200m recovery and 1 mile CD

Thank you! I am all about matching, LOL. I hope your trip is still ok for this weekend, that dang hurricane cannot make up her mind.
Thanks! We're still planning on flying our Saturday morning... I hope we're ok! It's a girls trip for my mom's big birthday, so we've been looking forward to it for a long time!

:love:That beach looks beautiful. I really need to make it to the west coast of FL.

Are those your other fur babies? They look so tiny compared to Barkley.

Thanks! We're still planning on flying our Saturday morning... I hope we're ok! It's a girls trip for my mom's big birthday, so we've been looking forward to it for a long time!

We love Savannah! I highly recommend the hop on-hop off trolley tours they have there. Hopefully it will get in and out quickly, and maybe avoid Savannah altogether. I'll be crossing my fingers for y'all!

:love:That beach looks beautiful. I really need to make it to the west coast of FL.

Are those your other fur babies? They look so tiny compared to Barkley.

It is SO gorgeous. We actually got married in Destin and go back every year.

Yes, this is Shug (black Pomeranian) and Bo (white Pomeranian). They are Barkley's "big" brothers! LOL. They weigh probably 1/10th of what Barkley weighs now.

We love Savannah! I highly recommend the hop on-hop off trolley tours they have there. Hopefully it will get in and out quickly, and maybe avoid Savannah altogether. I'll be crossing my fingers for y'all!
We are planning on doing that! I'm glad you would recommend it!
And as of this morning, I think we'll be a-ok! Just a little rain on Sunday, which we can totally handle.

Fantastic training and your vacation pictures are great!!

Thank you! I wish I was there right now! LOL.

We are planning on doing that! I'm glad you would recommend it!
And as of this morning, I think we'll be a-ok! Just a little rain on Sunday, which we can totally handle.

Oh that won't be bad at all! I love the trolley tours, we've done them in Savannah, Nashville and Key West and they are always fabulous! I cannot wait to hear all about your trip! We also did the Riverboat our first time to Savannah. It was a lot of fun, but the trolley was the best!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!