Venture outside your comfort zone: the rewards are worth it! KSellers88’s Journal (Comments Welcome)

Your story sounds similar to many including mine (just much faster than mine,lol!) No doubt you can totally crush that HM PR you have listed! I get the mental thing and I hope I can find the answer during my next half (maybe it's just believing in ourselves and our training). I feel like marathon was a mental race and even though I didn't finish in my desired time I know I crushed it mentally! It was a lot of smiling (Billy's advice), chanting positive affirmations, and a whole lot of prayer! Pushing my comfort zone physically may be harder than the mental at this point, but hopefully they will both come together nicely!

Same here! I was nowhere near my goal for my marathon, and completely out of range of what Billy's plan had prepared me for. I need to start practicing all that advice during training runs! I am excited to see you crush your goals this year as well, thanks for the vote of confidence!

Great job on the I pace run - and it's pretty awesome that you covered 0.28 miles in each interval :)

Also ... I love that video of your run at Contemporary/BLT :)

Thanks! I loved the consistency.

LOL, that is really what it feels like! Except it is more of a figure 8 than an exact circle.

Joining in! I love all your outfits!!!!

Thank you so much!!

Ok, y'all, I need opinions please! My original goal was to run one half marathon per month in 2018, but I cannot find a half near me in September that works with my schedule and is not a trail run! Does it still count if I run two in November instead? That would still be 12 halves in 2018, just none for that one month. :confused:

Ok, y'all, I need opinions please! My original goal was to run one half marathon per month in 2018, but I cannot find a half near me in September that works with my schedule and is not a trail run! Does it still count if I run two in November instead? That would still be 12 halves in 2018, just none for that one month. :confused:

Well, I would allow it, but my husband tells me I'm a pushover so there's that. :)

Seriously, it's your goal and if there really aren't good options in September, then as long as you think it won't be too hard on your body, go for two in November!

Well, I would allow it, but my husband tells me I'm a pushover so there's that. :)

Seriously, it's your goal and if there really aren't good options in September, then as long as you think it won't be too hard on your body, go for two in November!

LOL! I think I am going to have to change it to 12 halves in 2018 instead of 12 halves in 12 months. The closest one that would work is 6 hours away and with all our other travels this year I am not sure I can justify another race trip to my husband!

You can run Diva in VA with me! Lol

I think 12 in 12 is an awesome goal!

12 in 2018 is still awesome! Finding races is suuuper hard. I am actually thinking of traveling across country to DC for my "A" Goal Half in September. Which is coincidentally the same weekend as the Diva in VA race @TeeterTots, haha.

12 in 2018 is still awesome! Finding races is suuuper hard. I am actually thinking of traveling across country to DC for my "A" Goal Half in September. Which is coincidentally the same weekend as the Diva in VA race @TeeterTots, haha.
You should! It’s 13 miles (I should run there...haha) from my house! This will be my third year. It’s a hilly course but it’s close to home and sentimental as it was my first HM!

Edit: not sure if you were talking about diva! Too excited!

I'd say it's allowable.
12 in 2018 is still an awesome goal. Finding a half every month is so hard, and I'm really impressed that you managed to find so many!

I would completely do it too! Unfortunately I am already traveling for 5 other races this year (not even counting the two I have already traveled to Disney for, LOL). My bank account can't handle another on right now!

You should! It’s 13 miles (I should run there...haha) from my house! This will be my third year. It’s a hilly course but it’s close to home and sentimental as it was my first HM!

Edit: not sure if you were talking about diva! Too excited!

How cool! We have nothing near my house!

I'd say it's allowable.
12 in 2018 is still an awesome goal. Finding a half every month is so hard, and I'm really impressed that you managed to find so many!

Luckily I am a little over an hour away from Atlanta and they have a TON! Thanks for confirming that changing the goal is acceptable!

Well done with Princess! And OMG is your Princess Minnie the best race photo ever!

September halves are hard to find. Have your considered a virtual?

Well done with Princess! And OMG is your Princess Minnie the best race photo ever!

September halves are hard to find. Have your considered a virtual?

Thank you! I absolutely love it!

Ohhhhh that's a good idea! Time to research, thanks!!

Totally fine! Make your own rules!!
(Also sometimes smaller races don’t put their info out super early, so maybe something could pop up before then!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter