VERO BEACH Information & Adoration Thread

We are going for our third or fourth visit soon.
July 10-13

Have two GVIR and one OVIR, and a party of 11.
No real plans other than to relax for those few days.

Anyone have a recent activity calendar? Going on Saturday and I'm anxious. :)

We will be at Vero Beach the same week. Hopefully we will get some good tips on what to do about no-seeums!

It's all about how you smell to the bugs. I'd get that Avon stuff if I were you! :-)

This is actually pretty true.

There are a ton of attractants that are for both mosquitos and no see-ums. Your CO2 levels, your hormones, your smells, etc that attract them.
So much of it you can't control- you might just get them and it sucks for you- tough luck, literally.

You can control three things-
-stay clean. Sweat and body odor will attract them. The cleaner you are, the less they'll come.
-don't wear fragrances. Perfumes, synthetic moisturizers and smells, etc. this all adds to it.
-use a repellant. Avon is good. Off is fine. Deet helps with skeeters but not no see ums. My preferred one since I'm a health nut is 1 part listerine to 2 parts witch hazel and 10 drops of tea tree oil essential oil (per 8oz). I make it up and home and take it with me.

the dedicated 2 brs are on the end of the buildings facing the roadway while the lock-off 2 brs are towards the ocean. I have stayed in many 1brs that would be part off a 2 br lock-off and have been able to see the ocean from them on both the 2nd and 3rd floors but some people have said that they cant see the ocean from a 2nd floor unit. I think it also depends on when the trees get trimmed

We are going November 6-10 for our first visit. We are going with friends and booked a 2BR. I wish I had known that if I booked a lock-off there might have been chance for an ocean view. Of course, there aren't any lock-offs available now. Oh well, live and learn!

Going for our 10th visit July 23 - 26. Just wondering if anyone has done the bioluminescence kayak tour in Merritt Island. TIA

So glad to find this thread. We are HOPING to do a few nights at Vero this August. I'm currently undergoing some medical treatments and we had to cancel 2 of our 4 originally booked nights so we could return back home for medical reasons, but I was able to keep a Saturday and Sunday night via DVC and am hoping to maybe add Friday night as well. We'll see how it works out.

I'm hoping 2 or 3 days will be good for us, as we have to leave early Monday to drive back home to Maryland. My daughter wants to do the beach, my youngest son wants to do the Space Center so since we'll have a vehicle we may drive up one day just to do that.

Although my kids are older (17, 14 and 13) I'm still thinking a character meal might be fun. Anybody know if we can just walk up to that for a party of 5 or would it be advised to reserve it in advance?

Thanks!

We enjoyed our stay so much in April that we are going again 11/25/17 - 11/30/17. 3 nights in a one bedroom and finishing up with two nights in a beach cottage!

We will be going to the Vero Beach resort Sept 24th for 7 nights after WDW for three nights. This is our first trip to Vero Beach and very excited about it!! We are staying in an Inn/Ocean View room. Are there any Ocean view rooms that are the best? For instance I saw where someone posted about a corner room with windows in the front and balcony on the side facing the pool. Would love to hear suggested room numbers! Any help is greatly appreciated! We are fostering to adopt two little ones and want this trip to truly be MAGICAL!! :)

So glad to find this thread. We are HOPING to do a few nights at Vero this August. I'm currently undergoing some medical treatments and we had to cancel 2 of our 4 originally booked nights so we could return back home for medical reasons, but I was able to keep a Saturday and Sunday night via DVC and am hoping to maybe add Friday night as well. We'll see how it works out.

I'm hoping 2 or 3 days will be good for us, as we have to leave early Monday to drive back home to Maryland. My daughter wants to do the beach, my youngest son wants to do the Space Center so since we'll have a vehicle we may drive up one day just to do that.

Although my kids are older (17, 14 and 13) I'm still thinking a character meal might be fun. Anybody know if we can just walk up to that for a party of 5 or would it be advised to reserve it in advance?

Thanks!
Just booked the character breakfast for 3 14 yr olds. We'll be there this month too. Good luck with your medical treatments.

Has anyone been fishing at the pond over by the sports courts lately that could share some advice? What did you fish with (lure or live bait)? I asked on the Facebook page and was told there are Bass and Panfish mainly. Our first trip to Vero the pond was closed for fishing so my son cant wait to be able to fish and I'm not quite sure what to bring with!

Just booked the character breakfast for 3 14 yr olds. We'll be there this month too. Good luck with your medical treatments.

Oh wow...I hadn't even considered the breakfast. Do you know if it's possible to walk-in there if we decide to try it? It will be a weekend for us so that might make a difference, but maybe we could do it Monday morning before we check out.

Heading to VB in 3 weeks, have a Beach Cottage for 3 nights. Anyone know if the renovations are complete? anyone have any pictures/video?

mac_tlc

Oh wow...I hadn't even considered the breakfast. Do you know if it's possible to walk-in there if we decide to try it? It will be a weekend for us so that might make a difference, but maybe we could do it Monday morning before we check out.

I believe VBR still only has the character breakfast on Saturday Morning.

I would strongly reccommend reservations, but if you are a small party (e.g. 2) walk up would be easier here than at Chef Mickeys. Walk-ups for large parties would be very difficult to seat.

Hi! Just wanted to say thanks for the great info!! We are going to Vero for our first time 8/26-9/2 and in OVIR, cannot wait to check out the resort and the area!!

My DH, son (9yo) and I will be at Vero Beach from Aug 26-31. I've managed to do zero research and I'm so darn glad this forum is here!

Heading to VB in 3 weeks, have a Beach Cottage for 3 nights. Anyone know if the renovations are complete? anyone have any pictures/video?

mac_tlc

Having just returned, I can now answer my question. None of the Beach Cottages have been renovated. Cast member I spoke with did not know when they would be.
Plus, kiddie pool area is closed for the time being. Seems they are having a problem with some of the coatings damaging people's swim suits. Sounded like they are going to have to resurface the area.

mac_tlc

Had to cancel our stay. We were scheduled to arrive the same day as Irma. There is always next year. I hope this storm shifts further east and spares the coast.

Had to cancel our stay. We were scheduled to arrive the same day as Irma. There is always next year. I hope this storm shifts further east and spares the coast.
Sorry you had to cancel. Probably a good idea as good and water are already in short supply in the area. Does anyone know if they are closing the resort?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter