VERO BEACH Information & Adoration Thread

As of last week, all the stores, restaurants and bars are open. The cost of the Saturday morning character breakfast is $20 for adults and $12 for children. See attached flyer. I don't know if they plan on continuing it, but the current location for the character breakfast is in the Seagrape ballroom. I had breakfast at the wind and waves grill and it was great. We had the Mickey waffle, skillet, country breakfast and French toast. I would rank them in that order. I don't have any pictures - sorry. The waffle is medium size. Mini waffles are only served at the character breakfast.

The grab-n-go has croissant sandwiches with ham, egg and swiss, bagel sandwiches with sausage, egg and cheddar and a flat bread with bacon, egg and cheddar. They will create from scratch any combination you would like to create. The display case is filled with fresh pastries and muffins - oh and Mickey whoopee cakes. For dinner they offer two different meals every night. The pot roast was excellent.

View attachment 237584

Thank you so much for the info! It seems like there is enough to keep us fed for few days. And there are still Dole Whips, right?

July 15-23 ae our dates..so excited to be going back to Vero! We were there 2 years ago and honestly we got so bit up by no-seeums that last year we decided NOT to do Vero - we missed it terribly! So...besides covering up does anyone have ANY tricks or tips to avoid these pesky creatures? I mean I had bites so bad on my legs that on the way home I had to drug myself with several benedryl...my legs were COVERED! When I got home I slathered my legs with coconut oil which helped but my legs tooks a couple weeks to heal. I got them the last day we were there I just know it.....it was cloudy outside and I went to the beach and hung out in a chair for a few hours and read a book. Damn they got me good! I was completely oblivious until the next day!

July 15-23 ae our dates..so excited to be going back to Vero! We were there 2 years ago and honestly we got so bit up by no-seeums that last year we decided NOT to do Vero - we missed it terribly! So...besides covering up does anyone have ANY tricks or tips to avoid these pesky creatures? I mean I had bites so bad on my legs that on the way home I had to drug myself with several benedryl...my legs were COVERED! When I got home I slathered my legs with coconut oil which helped but my legs tooks a couple weeks to heal. I got them the last day we were there I just know it.....it was cloudy outside and I went to the beach and hung out in a chair for a few hours and read a book. Damn they got me good! I was completely oblivious until the next day!

Try Avon Skin So Soft Bug Guard Plus IR3535. It took care of the noseeums nicely for us.

We will be at Vero Beach the same week. Hopefully we will get some good tips on what to do about no-seeums!

Last edited:
We have been to VB in July and August, and haven't run into a problem with no-seeums. Not yet, anyway. We must not taste good to them. At home, in the Philadelphia area, my husband draws every mosquito to him, and ends up with many bites, just putting out the trash. But, the no-seeums don't seem to like him.

We have been to VB in July and August, and haven't run into a problem with no-seeums. Not yet, anyway. We must not taste good to them. At home, in the Philadelphia area, my husband draws every mosquito to him, and ends up with many bites, just putting out the trash. But, the no-seeums don't seem to like him.

That's interesting to me--I am the one who never gets bit at home and my husband and daughter get eaten alive by mosquitos within minutes of leaving the house. I left Vero without a single bite but their legs were covered with bites from no-seeums!!

As of last week, all the stores, restaurants and bars are open. The cost of the Saturday morning character breakfast is $20 for adults and $12 for children. See attached flyer. I don't know if they plan on continuing it, but the current location for the character breakfast is in the Seagrape ballroom. I had breakfast at the wind and waves grill and it was great. We had the Mickey waffle, skillet, country breakfast and French toast. I would rank them in that order. I don't have any pictures - sorry. The waffle is medium size. Mini waffles are only served at the character breakfast.
View attachment 237584
I made a reservation for the character breakfast by calling the wdw-dine number and they only showed it as being at Wind & waves. Did I get the right one? The person on the phone seemed so confused. She initially tried to get me a reservation at the Wave at the contemporary, lol. Wind & Waves is what shows in my MDE for breakfast on Saturday.

I made a reservation for the character breakfast by calling the wdw-dine number and they only showed it as being at Wind & waves. Did I get the right one? The person on the phone seemed so confused. She initially tried to get me a reservation at the Wave at the contemporary, lol. Wind & Waves is what shows in my MDE for breakfast on Saturday.

You might not have the correct location. I'd call back. When I made my character breakfast reservation (called last week), they told me it was in the Seagrape Room, and that is a banquet room. The character breakfast was there last summer too, and it worked it fine. They set up a buffet in the lobby, which sounds a little crazy, but it's such a small resort that it's OK. You'll see more of Goofy and Donald than you ever could in the World.

That's interesting to me--I am the one who never gets bit at home and my husband and daughter get eaten alive by mosquitos within minutes of leaving the house. I left Vero without a single bite but their legs were covered with bites from no-seeums!!

It's all about how you smell to the bugs. I'd get that Avon stuff if I were you! :-)

Consider calling the resort directly and explain the confusion. I think the phone number is on the first page. They will help.

You might not have the correct location. I'd call back. When I made my character breakfast reservation (called last week), they told me it was in the Seagrape Room, and that is a banquet room. The character breakfast was there last summer too, and it worked it fine. They set up a buffet in the lobby, which sounds a little crazy, but it's such a small resort that it's OK. You'll see more of Goofy and Donald than you ever could in the World.
Consider calling the resort directly and explain the confusion. I think the phone number is on the first page. They will help.
So I called and the disney dining CM def mixed up my reservation for the character breakfast. The CM at Vero helped me out and fixed it for me. I wish the disney dining number was better informed. I spoke to two CMs at the wdw-dine number who both made the incorrect reservation. Thanks again!

Due to a date change I lost my OV Inn room. What's the chance of a studio ocean view or should I just accept the garden inn room? (I have other waitlists going for a different stay). Our stay will be mid-September.

Would switching to a 1bd increase the chance of an ocean view?

Last edited:
Just a heads up... if you are looking to eat at Squid Lips this summer they have a Groupon when you search in Vero Beach. Enjoy!

Are they still offering a discount at Wind & Waves Grill for DVC members? I remember it being mentioned earlier this year but can't seem to find updated info.

Are they still offering a discount at Wind & Waves Grill for DVC members? I remember it being mentioned earlier this year but can't seem to find updated info.
When I was at the resort in May, they were offering 20% DVC discount at the grill and 10% DVC discount at the store, but there was no discount at the market.

My husband and I are thinking of staying in September. We have a Christening on September 17 in Stuart, but I am a little concerned we will be to far away.

I am wrong to be concerned??

Thinking of heading down in August, we're not DVC members though. Had a few questions though if anyone could answer.

1. How is the ocean? I barely see anyone in the water in any pictures I have seen. Is something wrong?
2. Does anyone not rent a car? What other ways to get to and from Orlando are there?
3. ARe there any other oppertunities to meet characters other than Pirate night and Saturday breakfast?

Thanks so much!!

Thinking of heading down in August, we're not DVC members though. Had a few questions though if anyone could answer.

1. How is the ocean? I barely see anyone in the water in any pictures I have seen. Is something wrong?
2. Does anyone not rent a car? What other ways to get to and from Orlando are there?
3. ARe there any other oppertunities to meet characters other than Pirate night and Saturday breakfast?

Thanks so much!!

1. The ocean is the reason WE are there! We'll be at Vero starting Monday (yaay!!) for our 7th visit, and I do agree that there are more people on the sand than in the water. I think that many who have a choice of pool vs. ocean will for some reason choose pool. There are lifeguards at the pool.
There is nothing wrong with the ocean other than personal preference, I think. We always go in summer, and the water is usually very warm and pleasantly wavy. We never go in the pool other than to rinse off the salt water ;)
2. We always rent a car from MCO or the Dolphin hotel; I don't know how we'd get to VB otherwise.
3. Sorry, my kids are too old so I don't know.
It's a wonderful resort, and we love it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter