Vero Beach Fishing

juncker

Mickey Mouse for President
Anyone have any good places or pointers for fishing while at Vero Beach? We're not looking for charter fishing, but places my boys and I can fish from shore. Any piers around there that you can recommend? What type of bait, etc...

We'll be there in late June. What kind of fish do people catch at that time?

My husband and son fished right off the beach and over at the pond. We heard that hotdogs are the best bait for the bass in pond and they worked well for us! My boys didn't have as much luck as they hoped for in late October at the beach fishing with Berkley Gulp! and frozen shrimp, but they did catch a few crabs and some catfish with the shrimp. Being from the Midwest--we were surprised at how similar the ocean catfish was to ours at home and how the crabs latch right on as you are reeling in :)

Thanks for the feedback. I would never have thought to use hot dogs.

If you go over to the river between A1A and US 1, there are a few piers/boat launch locations that you can fish from. You can catch anything from redfish, trout, sharks, crabs, and others. At the corner of US 1 & CR-510 (road to VB) is a bait shop, I am sure they will help you out with the bait and locations.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter