Vero Beach, Solo?

Iggipolka

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ
I'm curious if anyone's done a solo trip to Vero Beach & how was the experience? Is it too isolated there & was it odd eating alone in the restaurants ? I do eat out by myself sometimes & usually, just bring a book, but I'm wondering if the place is more set up for families and thus wouldn't be accommodating to a solo traveler.

I'm a working mom of two kids under the age of 5 & my spouse travels often for work, so I'm pretty much 90% solo parenting. I'm looking for a 3-4 day get away to sleep, relax on the beach in the sun & basically recharge and start to miss my kids. ;).

Vero sounded like a good place to go to do that, but never having been there before , I wanted to get other peoples thoughts on what it's like to travel there solo.

Thanks!

First, I have to say that I love your name - it give me happy feet and makes me want to dance. Hupaj Szupaj!

I visit Vero solo at least once a year and have no problem. Well, I usually have a few days with friends dropping by and a few days on my own. I really enjoy the relaxation and I've encountered lots of wonderful people in my fellow guests and the cast members.

I've not ventured too far afield for dining solo but I've done Shutters and the Sand Bar at Captain Hiram's and Country Ham N Egg on my own without feeling too awkward. And Vittorio's told me they deliver to the resort if you want pizza or traditional pizzaria Italian meals. And I love shrimp cocktail so I usually get the beer steamed shrimp from Bleachers, immediately throw the shrimp on ice to chill and pop it in the fridge in my room to snack on for the next couple of days.

Also, a little creativity can make the microwave in an Inn Room or Studio go a long way toward quick, easy meals.

A solo trip to Vero sounds heavenly! You'll love it if you decide to go!

Thanks for the responses. I'm seriously considering going. Just have to convince the kids & spouse that they 'll be Just Fine w / o me for 4 days.
I 'm looking forward to sitting by the beach and relaxing to the sound of the ocean. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter