Vero Beach - tips needed!

kathi

DIS Veteran
We just booked one night at Vero Beach Resort for TOMORROW (2/18). We are visiting my parents in South Florida and it's been rotten weather so we thought this might be something fun to do (and we had 45 points that were going to expire).

We have never been to this resort. What is there for 2 adults to do if it's too cold to go to the beach? Are there hot tubs that will not be full of kids? Bars? Spa?

Need suggestions!

There's only one hot tub and it was being worked on when I was there a month ago.

I would take a drive to Pelican Island, walk one of the trails, or go bike riding along the Historic Jungle Trail.

My friend and I went to the McKee Botanical Gardens, about 20 minutes south of the resort. The Frabel sculputres were artistically added to the exhibits.
http://www.mckeegarden.org/

I hope you have a good day! The concierge can tell you about local restaurants. We enjoyed Mulligans in VB one evening.

Was the Botanical Garden fun? About how much time would you estimate to spend at the garden?

8ba56537bee0f85589e4a18c2af76e02_zps92056f9a.jpg

17346bcfffbbff230630ef79e8ea7d1a_zps7e8d8bfb.jpg

3d92db6359950b08016eb9f2ba2d9aa8_zps4c44d37c.jpg

Thanks everyone! Sadly, the hot tub was full of little kids in swim diapers (ewww). We walked around the resort, bundled up and walked on the beach for a bit then sat on our patio and had some wine and cheese. Now we are headed out to have dinner in town (sadly, the fine dining restaurant is CLOSED on Monday - which is seriously disappointing).

It's a lovely resort, but not much to do when it's cold and the good restaurant is closed. The lounge isn't all that "cozy". They could really use something more like the Belle View Lounge at BWV or the Territory Lounge at VWL

We are going to get on the wait list for a night in March and bring our 8 year old daughter. I think she would really enjoy it (fingers crossed it will be warmer).

The rooms are very reminiscent of Old Key West, which is nice. We have fond memories of staying at OKW with my parents when our daughter was small. Very clean and well maintained. Would definitely recommend the resort.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter