Very Brief Mini (Minnie?) Reviews/Thoughts from our trip 2/2 - 2/9

firefly_ris

DIS Veteran
I just thought I'd throw a couple of thoughts in in case it helps anyone browsing. We stayed at CBR 2/2 - 2/9. We ordered groceries on Prime Now and ate all breakfasts in the room. We only had a handful of ADRs, and then quick service and snacks but thought I'd share my thoughts briefly.

Be Our Guest Lunch - 2/3
We had an 11:20AM lunch. I used the mobile ordering for this. We were let in pretty promptly and chose to sit in the West Wing, which my kids really loved. Our food was brought to our correct table by way of magical Magic Band. I had the croque monsieur with fries. It served its purpose -- filling, tasted fine, nothing particularly outstanding, but was fine. My husband ordered the turkey baguette, and asked them to not put on the dijon mayo. It arrived as ordered. He said it was OK but that his baguette was hard as a rock (I mean much harder than it's supposed to be to begin with). My 3 kids split 2 kids meals -- the shrimp skewers with broccoli and... uh, I forget what the other side was, and the pork with mashed sweet potato and green beans. And an extra order of fries. This was all fine -- the sweet potato was pretty bland (described to me as 'baby food') but otherwise all good there.

Overall the food was serviceable, not anything amazing, but I'm glad we went because the kids really enjoyed the themeing. They were really into watching for the Prince's portrait to change to the Beast.

Yorkshire County Fish Shop - 2/4
My husband wanted fish and chips so we stopped here for a bite. Again, it was serviceable but bland. Not the best fish and chips we've had, but not inedible or anything.

Takumi Table (EPCOT Japan) - 2/4
I got the sushi donut here! At first I ordered just one (they are $7.50). Then my kids ate almost the entire thing and I had about 2 bites, so I went back and got another one. I really enjoyed this. I liked the citrus-soy gel they placed in the 'donut' center as well.

Sebastian's Bistro - 2/4
We originally had a reservation for Via Napoli, but on this particular day we had not returned to our room for a mid-day break, and so by 4:30 the younger two were pretty much over Epcot. So I cancelled the res and we headed back to the pool, then walked in to Sebastian's at CBR. It was a late dinner (for us) at about 7:15... not crowded at all. Our waiter was nice but he would disappear for long lengths of time, and our food took a long time to come out (about 35 minutes). I ordered the Goat Curry, which I really enjoyed. It had a nice texture and good flavor combinations. My husband ordered the Sustainable Fish which was mahi-mahi that day. He did not care for it and it was pretty bland. Presentation was nice but not much else memorable about the dish. My kids ordered the jerk chicken, with pizza biscuit and mac and cheese. The idea of the pizza biscuit sounded neat, but upon arrival none of them were too impressed. The chicken was good but a bit too spicy (they still ate it though). There is also a plain chicken on the kids menu I believe in case you have children who won't eat spicy things.

Yak & Yeti - 2/5
We were running a few minutes late for our res here (about 15 minutes late) but they were accommodating. We were seated on the 2nd floor right in front of the window. I really liked the feel and view where we were sitting. We went light on the entrees this meal (to save room for a drink and a dessert) so I ordered a drink, the Big Bamboo (Don Q Coconut Rum, Don Q Cristal Rum, Banana Liqueur, and Tropical Fruit Juices) which I really liked -- if you like rum drinks I recommend it. My husband and I split the pot stickers and the meant-for-2 Tuna Poke Bowl. I thought both were great. The tuna poke was fresh and really good. My kids all got tempura chicken and rice, and asked for sweet and sour sauce for them. I also got the cheesecake with the strawberry and mango sauce for dessert. Everything here was very good and I would return again.

Pizzafari - 2/6
Back at AK again, grabbed some Pizzafari for lunch. I have small kids who are not big eaters. It was also warmer on this day, and I don't have a big appetite on warm days, plus I had already had a big Frappucinno from the Creature Comforts Starbucks, so we simply ordered 2 of the cheese pizza with cesaer salads and split it amongst us. I highly recommend the mobile order -- it was done seemingly instantly and there was no one else in the mobile pickup area. It's pizza and a little salad, got the job done.

Centertown Market (CBR) - 2/6
We ordered and ate at the outdoor dining area. There were only a few other people out there, very peaceful. The newly renovated inside is very nice looking but it was echo-y and after a day at the parks a little more quiet was better. I ordered the tuna wrap with fries which was very good. However they brought the wrong side out at first, but was corrected. My 2 daughters split the spaghetti and meatball, which arrived with no meatball. They fixed that too. The meatball was gigantic. My son ordered a grilled cheese with cinnamon-powdered orange wheels... came out with an orange slice and pineapple. They later brought out the orange wheels after we asked about it. Overall the food was good, just have to work on the incorrect order stuff (this was an issue the entire week).

Gaston's Tavern - 2/7
Grabbed 2 of the famed cinnamon rolls from here. The outside was a little dry but otherwise they were warm and very good. They are also very large! I was hoping to catch Gaston here but he wasn't around at the time.

Raglan Road - 2/7
Kids were tired of walking and MK had gotten pretty busy, so we grabbed an on-the-fly res for Raglan Road for 6pm and grabbed a bus to DS. We were seated at about 6:30. I ordered the gnocchi with pork belly, scallops, kale and tomato in a butter sauce. It was excellent! My husband ordered the shepherd's pie, which was good too.

My daughter asked for the kids burger with no cheese. When it came out, she checked to make sure it had no cheese, so lifted the bun -- it didn't have a slice of cheese, BUT it clearly did before it came out -- the bun was sticky and had cheese residue on it. My daughter isn't a picky eater with anything else, but for some reason this is the ONE thing she is picky about... so we did bring it up to the waitress and asked if she would mind swapping it out. A manager came out with a fresh hamburger and comped it for us (not necessary, but nice). The only reason that kind of bothered me was because, what if someone was allergic to cheese and didn't notice that the burger clearly had cheese that was just pulled off? We don't have any food allergies but just something I thought about because normally they are so careful with that sort of thing. Anyway other than that everything was good.

Woody's Lunchbox - 2/8
Our last day was DHS, we had plans to head back early to pack for a very early morning the next day, so grabbed some QS here. I split the grilled cheese with macaroni salad with my son. It was fine but the bread was a little dry. Mac salad was fresh tasting. My husband got the brisket with cheese and pickles. I had a bite and thought it was really good. My daughters got the Totchos (which I also had a bite of) -- I thought these were also really good. We did not mobile order here, but they were very efficient. I do wish they had more shade in the seating area.

We also originally had an 8AM reservation for The Plaza on 2/7, but by mid-week I knew that was going to be really difficult to make to with the kids so I cancelled it. I was looking forward to the eggs benedict, oh well!

We also had our share of sugary stuff over the week, a sundae from Plaza, churros at the Lunching Pad, so on and so forth. I enjoyed pretty much everything. We missed Satuli Canteen this trip which I enjoyed last time. Our table services were all fine, but there is a lot of quick service variety now and would also be fine doing no TS meals next time too.

It’s disappointing when places cut corners/get sloppy because they think or hope you won’t notice. With food allergies it could be dangerous. Thanks for the reviews - it sounds like you had a fun time.

Another thank you for the reviews, the 10 year old really wants to try Woody's (which was not open during our last trip) so I am always looking for reviews.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!