Very early QS resort breakfast

germandisneymom

Earning My Ears
We are on the Quick Service Dining Plan for our April stay.

Staying at CSR. Peppermarket opens at 7, I guess.

We fly in from germany the day before and always have a bad jetlag the first few days and are up really (I mean really) early.
We have a rental car. Getting to any resort is not a problem.

I know some places open at 6.
Of course, I can look up the hours on the Disney page, but would love some recommendations.

Where would you go for an early breakfast on your first day?

Some of the resort QS restaurants are open 24/7; one is Capt. Cook's @ Polynesian. You wont be able to get hot food until somewhere between 6:00 and 7:00 AM and I'm sorry I can't be more specific on the time. Still, they have the makings of a Continental breakfast: croissants, Danish pastries, bagels, yougurt, whole and cut up fruit, juice, etc.

Should you want a hot breakfast there is a McDonald's in or on the edge of WDW that is open 24/7 and breakfast hours start in the wee hours of the morning and is offered before 6:00 AM.

HTH!

Some of the resort QS restaurants are open 24/7; one is Capt. Cook's @ Polynesian. You wont be able to get hot food until somewhere between 6:00 and 7:00 AM and I'm sorry I can't be more specific on the time. Still, they have the makings of a Continental breakfast: croissants, Danish pastries, bagels, yougurt, whole and cut up fruit, juice, etc.

Should you want a hot breakfast there is a McDonald's in or on the edge of WDW that is open 24/7 and breakfast hours start in the wee hours of the morning and is offered before 6:00 AM.

HTH!

Capt. Cook's starts serving hot food at 6:30.

We fly in from the uk and feel your pain on the jet lag front!!

We 'tried' to go to the contempo for an early breakfast in our rental car-but we were denied entry.
We were rather impolitely told to go to ttc & take the monorail over..

We fly in from the uk and feel your pain on the jet lag front!!

We 'tried' to go to the contempo for an early breakfast in our rental car-but we were denied entry.
We were rather impolitely told to go to ttc & take the monorail over..
Whoa...wonder what that was about?!?
Had you registered for your room yet?

We had checked in the night before at okw.
We were happily wearing our magic bands and had photo Id at the ready.

The delightful lady was soooo dismissive of us it was rather surreal.
My dh is a sweet, sees the best in people kind of guy and even he was like-she's so rude!!

No ADR-no parking
Was repeated several times..
We stated several times we wanted to go eat at the contempo-therefore we didn't have an ADR

HTH!
if you make it to Captain Cook's you can also get the popular Tonga Toast that is served at Kona Grill for 1/2 the price. Really tasty!! :)

Captain Cook's sounds great.
And we never had Tonga Toast before.

But if parking can be a problem, maybe we prefer another place. With a hungry child I need something convenient.

Maybe we just go to Landscape of Flavors at AoA. Opens at 6, at least these days, hopefully April too.

Captain Cook's sounds great.
And we never had Tonga Toast before.

But if parking can be a problem, maybe we prefer another place. With a hungry child I need something convenient.

Maybe we just go to Landscape of Flavors at AoA. Opens at 6, at least these days, hopefully April too.
We took the 1st bus to Magic Kingdom (I think they start running at least an hour before the park opens) and then hopped on the boat over to Polynesian. No questions asked, super easy.

We are on the Quick Service Dining Plan for our April stay.

Staying at CSR. Peppermarket opens at 7, I guess.

We fly in from germany the day before and always have a bad jetlag the first few days and are up really (I mean really) early.
We have a rental car. Getting to any resort is not a problem.

I know some places open at 6.
Of course, I can look up the hours on the Disney page, but would love some recommendations.

Where would you go for an early breakfast on your first day?
I'm not sure I'd travel to any resort for a QS breakfast, since they are all pretty comparable in quality. I'd either eat at Peppermarket or at the park you plan on visiting the first day. Alternatively, if you are ok with paying out of pocket for a counter service meal then I'd make reservations for a restaurant at 7, perhaps a character meal if you have young kids (though the food at character buffets isn't great).

We took the 1st bus to Magic Kingdom (I think they start running at least an hour before the park opens) and then hopped on the boat over to Polynesian. No questions asked, super easy.
That'
too late for us ;) MK opens at 9 that day. We will probably be awake since 3 in the morning ;)

We have gone "resort hopping" many times in a rental car and have never been denied access- ever.
Okay, maybe we should give it a try.
Breakfast at 6 or 6 30 would be perfect. And after that 8 AM EMH at AK.
We are not heading to FOP so arriving at 8ish is fine.

I'm not sure I'd travel to any resort for a QS breakfast, since they are all pretty comparable in quality. I'd either eat at Peppermarket or at the park you plan on visiting the first day. Alternatively, if you are ok with paying out of pocket for a counter service meal then I'd make reservations for a restaurant at 7, perhaps a character meal if you have young kids (though the food at character buffets isn't great).

We have DD5. But park opening or even 7 is really too late.
When awake at 3, maybe (but not likely 4), we can get up and drive without any rush to any resort that offers a 6 AM breakfast, peppermarket doesn't.
I know at least one of the Allstars and AoA do a 6 AM breakfast.

I know you have the dining plan, but if I was up and hungry at 3 or 4 am I’d go off site and pay OOP.

Perkins at Crossroads is open 24/7 and is relatively inexpensive. Check the menu online. They have a very extensive breakfast menu.

My DH and I had breakfast one morning at captain cook’s. We each had the breakfast sandwich. It was literally inedible. We each took 2-3 bites and threw the rest away. The eggs were rubbery. The croissant had the texture of something microwaved too long. I felt like it had been made hours before and thrown in a microwave. Maybe the Tonga toast is OK but I wouldn’t go back.

Thank you.

Perkins (or Denny's) are an option, of course. Thanks.

Sorry to hear about your breakfast sandwich. I am interested in the Tonga Toast, but we'll see.
Depending when everybody is up and hungry or not, we choose is convenient.

We have DD5. But park opening or even 7 is really too late.
When awake at 3, maybe (but not likely 4), we can get up and drive without any rush to any resort that offers a 6 AM breakfast, peppermarket doesn't.
I know at least one of the Allstars and AoA do a 6 AM breakfast.
Gotcha, that makes perfect sense. I don't think many of the resort places offer breakfast before 7 am or so. If fast food is ok there's a McDonald's near Blizzard Beach that is open 24 hours.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter