Very First Trip Report - Day Three

Mum to Belle

<font color=royalblue>Thinks she may know someone
Lazy morning today with room service booked for 8-8.30! Cereal, juice, pastries, fruit salad, yoghurt & coffee.
Disneylnd127.jpg

We made it to the park in time for rope drop in Adventureland and headed straight for Pirates! pirate: DD wasn’t sure this was a good idea but she loved looking at all the detail especially the animals. It was a bit dark for her and she had her eyes closed on the drops (like me!) but other than that she was fine!:rotfl:

Next we went on Peter Pan – it seems that DD was feeling better! She liked seeing Nana the dog and flying over Big Ben. Straight from here onto Dumbo which she loved too and then It’s A Small World, or as DD calls it “The Sun Going Round” – she absolutely loved this ride!
Disneylnd129.jpg

We went to visit the dragon after this - DD loved seeing the dragon! We had to go back again!

Next we decided to try the railroad and so we walked round only to find that you could only board at Main Street – the wait time was an hour!!:sad2: So we popped into Salon Mickey! It was so embarrassing though – I knocked over my hot chocolate! There were about 3 napkins left so I had to go and ask for a cloth but all she could find were these cheap anti-bac wet wipe things – I’m sure they thought it was DD though!

Having eaten our chocolate chip cookies we headed for Buzz again and it broke down twice –hoorah!! I beat DH!! Then DH went on Star Tours and we headed back to the hotel for a bit of a rest via the station shop. DD wanted to stay in the room for the rest of the day and watch DVDs but being the mean parents we are we took her to see the Stars & Cars Parade but did not stay for the show. We went on the Magic Carpets and then as we walked back the parade was leaving and we got some brilliant photos and the characters all waved & blew kisses to DD!
Disneylnd160.jpg

The Tram Tour was closed so we headed back to the Park for an ice cream. It was really hot again by now. Arrived as Minnie’s Party Train was going though – which is possibly the most annoying noise ever!!

We met our friends outside by the fountains and went back in to watch the parade which was wonderful – a chance to see ALL the princesses!! Then we went on It’s A Small World – again!

After this we went round to Adventureland so the grown ups could go on Indiana Jones! Timed to perfection, we headed back round to see Aladdin!! DD gave him a kiss! :lovestruc
Disneylnd204.jpg

We walked past as the Party Time Show was on Stage and I think DD would have liked this – she did see Timon dancing and wanted to get up on stage and see him! But we had dinner booked for 6.30 so we had to head off to the Village.

The Steakhouse – possibly the best meal of the trip but also the worst service. We mentioned to our waitress that we had premium vouchers (apparently worth 44 Euros) and she said we had two choices:
1. Order off the Chicago Menu & pay nothing (Cost 33Euros)
2. Order a starter, main course, AND dessert and deduct the face value!
As we had no intention of eating 3 courses we decided that it wasn’t worth running back to the hotel to retrieve the vouchers (Which we’d forgotten!!) :rolleyes1 and instead opted to order what we wanted and use shareholder discount. As it was before 7 when we got there the set menus were cheaper – childrens were 7 Euros each! They had a burger, shepherds pie (not a success - her Dad ate it!) and baked cod. I took photos of the food, and I had a cocktail!
Disneylnd207.jpg

My New York Strip Steak
Disneylnd208.jpg

DH had Kobe Burger
Disneylnd209.jpg

My friend has the Rump Steak
Disneylnd210.jpg

We had two courses and were there for 2 hours – did I mention that the service was slow?!!

I'm loving all your 'foodie' pics, just great :goodvibes those chips look amazing although I'm not sure about 2 hours worth of amazing ?! Another great day :)

Love reading your trip report.......

the photos are great!!!!!

Awww sorry you didnt like the Steakhouse we loved it during our trip.

We found the service at the Steakhouse very slow too, but we loved the food... I think its one of those places that gets busy. Shame about the HB voucher thing... Thats pretty shocking when they're meant to be worth 44 Euro!

The pic of your DD with your DH really sums her trip up- She looks full of magic!!

Bob xoxoxox

yes, i want to know who REALLY wanted to see aladdin........... come on, own up!!

and was it REALLY dd who gave him a kiss????? lol

its disney, we can do what we want (comin from the person who lept on tigger at dlh and had a smooch.....;))

I'm not the only one who forgets the vouchers then :rolleyes1 Was the Aladdin visit for your DD or for you??:rolleyes1:goodvibes

:rotfl2: Do you know, when I realised that the voucherrs were not in my handbad, my first thought was of your DH running back to the hotel...!!!

I can assure you that the Aladdin visit was for DH - I told you she was in love!! :lovestruc Not that it was a real hardship on my part though LOL! :lmao:

Awww sorry you didnt like the Steakhouse we loved it during our trip.
We'd definitely go back because the food was great :thumbsup2 it was just the service that let them down - especially when they were giving us the impression that they wanted us to leave as there were people waiting at the bar to be seated!
It took them 20 minutes to bring the kids their icecreams!! Even the 10 year old turned round and said, "How long does it take to make an ice cream?"!!! :confused3 They were still in their packaging with the lids on when they arrived so they had literally been taken out the freezer and put on a plate!

yes, i want to know who REALLY wanted to see aladdin........... come on, own up!!

and was it REALLY dd who gave him a kiss????? lol

its disney, we can do what we want (comin from the person who lept on tigger at dlh and had a smooch.....;))

:lmao:

We had two courses and were there for 2 hours – did I mention that the service was slow?!!

Glad you enjoyed the Steakhouse (one of our favs). But service on the continent is slower than in the UK or US. It is deemed rude for a good waiter to interupt, but all it takes is eye contact and they are right over. We often take a couple of hours over a meal even here in the UK, and I have been with continental friends where the meal is not uncommon to be a 3 or 4 hour affair.

As for kids meal, when ours were your daughter's age, we used to order a three course each and share with the kids.

That is so funny that your daughter wanted to stay in the room watching movies :lmao: Bless her :)

Are all the vouchers like that for using at face value, do you have to order a 3 course meal to use them at face value or is it just that restaurant? I didn't know that, good to know for the future.

You're so lucky that your DD is good in restaurants!!

Are all the vouchers like that for using at face value, do you have to order a 3 course meal to use them at face value or is it just that restaurant? I didn't know that, good to know for the future.

You're so lucky that your DD is good in restaurants!!

This was the only time that we asked about it, I think it depends on how they are feeling! It probably would have been better for us to order the 3 courses, give DD the starter and lose the difference on the vouchers - but you don't really think these things through at the time! I don't think we would get the vouchers again, I'd just have to save up & then use my shareholders discount! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter