Very sweet upgrade...

pouncingpluto

DIS Veteran
Members for eight years, and this is our first upgrade! Staying on points, reservation for a Jambo 1-bedroom. We got put into the presidential/Royal Ansante suite instead!

At check-in, the CM asked my name, and when I told her, she said, "why have I seen that name?" Then after looking us up, she went "Oh, that's why," and went to get a manager. The manager said there was an issue with the one-bedrooms and told us we'd been upgraded to the presidential suite for two nights (we move to VGF after that). I was obviously very happy! I still asked her what was going on-- if someone had smoked in the room (because I had read that thread here). She said they were oversold. So I guess a room went out of commission, since is understand. DVC doesn't really oversell.

Room is amazing. DD2 has her own bedroom instead of her air mattress. Huge master bed and bath. Living room and dining room. Two Christmas trees. Study. Sort of a kitchen. And all gorgeous.

Already saving snack and counter service$$$$ with lounge!

Oh my! That's a pretty incredible upgrade! Congratulations! Enjoy and post some pics when you can :)

Wow that was a wonderful upgrade. Please post photos when you get home. I'd love to see it.

Wow! "So you're saying there's a chance" (with all due respect to Jim Carey). We've been members for over 11 years-hope we're due!

We've been members since '98..have never ever had an upgrade. Celebrating our 40th anniversary in May at BWV and hoping a milestone like that (?) might get us an upgrade. Personally.....I think they only do it for young families.

That being said, I love to hear that other members get nice perks -- gives us all the hopeful chance!!!!

Wow how awesome!
I just want to remind you to check your points and make sure they didn't somehow change your points reservations and charged you more.
Although I don't know how try could possibly do that with a presidential suite :)

Have a wonderful stay!

Incredible!! What an absolutely fabulous holiday gift!

So glad to hear it can happen, although not often.

We've been members since '98..have never ever had an upgrade. Celebrating our 40th anniversary in May at BWV and hoping a milestone like that (?) might get us an upgrade. Personally.....I think they only do it for young families.

That being said, I love to hear that other members get nice perks -- gives us all the hopeful chance!!!!

We will also be there in May & celebrating our 40th anniversary:love:

Well, once, we got an "upgrade". We were staying at All-Star sports, and had reserved a "standard" room, which had 2 beds in it. The resort upgraded us to a "deluxe" room, which had a king bed in it, and a pool view. Unfortunately, we had 3 people, and only one bed. My son was only about 6 at the time, so,we made the best of the bed situation as we could. However, the pool view was very noisy. The only thing that we would consider an upgrade was the small refrigerator we had.

This past June, we celebrated our 35th anniversary. Our reservation was for a 1BR savannah view at Kidani, and our reservation had noted that we were there for our anniversary. Our room was 7851, for which we were charged savannah points, but, it next to it is a 2BR which was one the rooms reassigned to standard from savannah. From either room, you get a nice view of the chain link fence and gravel service drive with Florida scrub just beyond. It faced Pembe savannah. So, I wouldn't get my hopes up about a nice upgrade, even if they know it is for a special celebration. But, congratulations to the original poster on this thread.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter