Very Un-Magical Express

I was at OIA both in June and Sept. 2019. I agree the magical express isn't as magical as it once was. Staying at AKL and put on transport which included 2 other stops. Lol we were the last stop.
One other point. The bus boarding agents never are available to ask questions. They stand with their clipboards far back from the rope lines. Guests have no idea what's going on.
Busses make multiple stops all the time and you have no idea what order- this is known as people always say I’m at XYZ resort, what other resorts will I be on a bus with and what is drop off order. So how was your ME trip unmagical because you shared a bus with other resorts and were the last to be dropped off? Makes no sense really since it’s normal procedure and someone has to be last. Disney can’t have one resort per bus-

On the guests not knowing what is going on- agents standing far away with clipboards. All a guest needs to do is ask a question on when eve bus will be there, what is going on, etc.

Busses make multiple stops all the time and you have no idea what order- this is known as people always say I’m at XYZ resort, what other resorts will I be on a bus with and what is drop off order. So how was your ME trip unmagical because you shared a bus with other resorts and were the last to be dropped off? Makes no sense really since it’s normal procedure and someone has to be last. Disney can’t have one resort per bus-

On the guests not knowing what is going on- agents standing far away with clipboards. All a guest needs to do is ask a question on when eve bus will be there, what is going on, etc.
Lol. Ever try to get boarding agents attention when you're behind three other groups?

Lol. Ever try to get boarding agents attention when you're behind three other groups?
Guess I’m assuming families with 2 adults and one might be able to ask by leaving line but realize now that’s not always the case. Can always ask prior to getting in line

One other point. The bus boarding agents never are available to ask questions. They stand with their clipboards far back from the rope lines. Guests have no idea what's going on.
If there's more than one adult in your party (or in an adjacent party you've befriended during the long wait), one adult could absolutely leave the line to determine from a CM what the situation is.

Disclaimer : zoo2tycoon and I are not the same person, do not know each other, and do not share a brain - we just clearly think alike!

"and I" added in edit, due to omission.

Last edited:

It may not be Disney, but rather BAGS, INC. (or whatever company was providing the luggage transport).
That was indeed the name of the baggage retrieval service. A lot of people thought it was Disney themselves.

That was indeed the name of the baggage retrieval service. A lot of people thought it was Disney themselves.
I kinda knew it was an outside vendor but didn't know who it was. Just a cheap shot to drop luggage service. Before anyone says it's because of covid is fooling themselves. It's a cost cutting move and covid is the excuse their using.

I kinda knew it was an outside vendor but didn't know who it was. Just a cheap shot to drop luggage service. Before anyone says it's because of covid is fooling themselves. It's a cost cutting move and covid is the excuse their using.

And your verified source for this information is? So what if it is cost cutting? Places are hurting including Disney!

Could be Disney's decision.
Could be BAGS, Inc.s decision
Could be mutual.
Could be because it's not cost-effective currently.
Could be a temporary change.
We. Don't. Know. To disparage Disney or any company (or person, group, educational institution, etc.) without full facts is less than becoming.

Wondering if this actually happened as OP never updates. Especially when she’s been on the boards as recently as last night. 🙄
Omg...relax. If you don't want to believe it, don't...it's not that big of a deal (certainly no need to stalk the op twice :rolleyes: )

I personally am sure it is true and that OP was posting/venting while still in line with emotions running high. I'm guessing it's part of the trip OP would rather forget...happens to me often.

Ppl. post often and don't come back to follow up...it's great for us when they do, but it's not required and certainly has no indication about the truthfulness of the post/info. Again, you can think/believe whatever you want, but leave the poor poster alone. This kind of behavior is what makes ppl. not want to post or give their experiences etc. I like to hear it all...good and gasp even the bad...if you don't, just keep scrolling.

Could be Disney's decision.
Could be BAGS, Inc.s decision
Could be mutual.
Could be because it's not cost-effective currently.
Could be a temporary change.
We. Don't. Know. To disparage Disney or any company (or person, group, educational institution, etc.) without full facts is less than becoming.
Oh brother. I think it's gonna rain today. Lol. Disparaging .... Lol.

Oh brother. I think it's gonna rain today. Lol. Disparaging .... Lol.
I know it's going to rain today. It's raining somewhere on earth right. this. second. And this one. And now. And... Since no location was indicated, "it's going to rain today" is an absolute fact. Saying something is a cheap shot without any actual information is opinion only, until/unless the person making the statement can back it up with some kind of proof. Disney will not provide that proof.

There is no public information available whether this is a Disney decision, a BAGS decision, or a mutual decision. There is no public information available whether this is a short-term situation, a long-term decision, or a permanent change. Saying it's a cheap shot is, well, a cheap shot.

Last edited:
It would surprise me if the (temporary?) termination of the luggage handling was BAGS, Inc. doing. A vendor like that would not want to lose the Disney contract, and would presumably want to get back to work. I think in the current environment, it did not make sense for Disney to offer the service with limited attendance and capacity. Both from a cost perspective, but also from a staffing perspective because it still takes staff to manage third parties. Its one less thing for them to worry about while they're having to adjust, and it saves them money to boot. While it hasn't been confirmed that the luggage handling termination is permanent, I would not be surprised if it becomes that way or if modifications of some kind are made. Its difficult for a corporation to see this cost savings and then implement back in the budget when they are not seeing a return from it, other than perhaps increased guest satisfaction.

Oh brother. I think it's gonna rain today. Lol. Disparaging... Lol.
Lol. Even this post made someone mad. I love it.
It would surprise me if the (temporary?) termination of the luggage handling was BAGS, Inc. does. A vendor like that would not want to lose the Disney contract, and would presumably want to get back to work. I think in the current environment, it did not make sense for Disney to offer the service with limited attendance and capacity. Both from a cost perspective, but also from a staffing perspective because it still takes staff to manage third parties. It's one less thing for them to worry about while they're having to adjust, and it saves them money to boot. While it hasn't been confirmed that the luggage handling termination is permanent, I would not be surprised if it becomes that way or if modifications of some kind are made. It's difficult for a corporation to see these cost savings and then implement back in the budget when they are not seeing a return from it, other than perhaps increased guest satisfaction.
The bottom line is controlling costs. The magical express costs money and soon the Disney company will charge for it. The cost will be anywhere between $30-$50 one way. That cost doesn't include baggage handling.
It's not easy to say this but look at the changes at the resorts that use to be free.

Source that states Disney will charge for Magical Express? Besides your gut.

Although if you see me on a line that guarantees the bus will be running slow and the resort I am going to will be last. So plan sleepy...
Are you related to the Debster family? They always warn us bay Staters when they're going on vacation, because some type of disaster is bound to occur on their trip! :)
Lol. Even this post made someone mad. I love it.
Mad? Interesting. Proving a quoted statement is literally true is defined as "mad"? Interesting interpretation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter