Very Upset With Wdw Response Re: Dining

trampslady

<font color=green>I stop and watch the Norway vide
I have been trying to confirm the lunch arrangements at Liberty Tree Tavern on Christmas Day (menu vs family style) as what CM say and what allears says conflict (and every CM has a different answer too.) I also wanted to confirm that Ohana is serving traditional Ohana food for Christmas dinner rather than special holiday food. Call me goofy, but since I have to use credit card to confirm PS, I'd like to know what I'm getting myself into. And, I'd like to know that we will have a nice Christmas lunch and dinner. No, I don't need to know exactly what the menu is, but it seems reasonable to want to know if a "special menu" is being offered INSTEAD of the usual. That said, I e-mailed WDW. This is what I got back (does everything have to form response for WDW?):

Dear Theresa,

Thank you for contacting the Walt Disney World® Resort.

Regrettably, specific menus for our theme park and resort restaurants
are not available online, nor
are they available in print for distribution. However, general
information about the types of
selections featured in each of our restaurants may be obtained directly
from our Web site at the
following address:

http://disneyworld.com/dining

Guests are also welcome to call our central dining line at 407-WDW-DINE
(407-939-3463) for
additional restaurant information. Priority seating arrangements may
be made up to 90 days in
advance for most full-service restaurants or 90 days in advance for
character dining experiences, or
up to two years in advance for most dinner shows.

If you have questions or need further assistance, feel free to contact
us.

Please include your full name, E-Mail address, and reservation number
if applicable on all
correspondence.

Thank you!

Sincerely,

RoseAnne Allen

WDW Online Communications

Original Message Follows:
-------------------------

Please respond ASAP!!!!! I have PS for Liberty Tree Tavern at 11:30 am
on Christmas Day and at
Ohana at 8pm on Christmas evening. I'm tring desperately to confirm
the menu arrangements at these
to locations on Christmas. I know Liberty Tree normally does menu al a
carte for lunch, but I've
seen some reports that lunch on Christmas will be $19.99 per person and
served family style like
dinner. And, I've also read that Ohana will be serving some sort of
holiday menu in lieu of their
traditional skewer feast. Please advise of the actual menus for these
two meals (lunch at Liberty
Tree Tavern and dinner at Ohana) for Christmas Day. Since there is a
48 hour cancellation policy in
place and I'm sure many folks waiting for a slot to open, I want to
make certain that I cancel if
need be within the appropriate time frame. Thanks so much!!

When did you e-mail them? I e-mailed a question on Thanksgiving morning and received a response within 24 hours. I got the form mail first, but that's just to let you know that the e-mail was received.

Edit: also, some of the restaurants are still working on their holiday menus. At Le Cellier they let us know they probably wouldn't have their NYE menu finalized until a week before.

Don't you think they will do the same thing on Christmas Day as on Thanksgiving Day? I know that lunch on Thanksgiving at LTT is family style so it probably will be the same. As for 'Ohana - I'm not sure what they offered but I bet someone here does. Can you call the restaurant itself and speak to the manager? I bet he'll know whether they will be doing skewer style or something different (even if the EXACT manu isn't set yet.) It sounds to me by reading the email exchange that even though you went on to explain why you wanted the info they missed the point and just saw that you wrote "Please advise of the actual menus for these
two meals (lunch at Liberty
Tree Tavern and dinner at Ohana) for Christmas Day." Someone didn't read the rest. Sorry that you got such a generic answer but keep trying! Someone has to know - it's not that hard of a question.

There is a list of the Christmas dinner menus on the Allears Net board:
(sorry I do not know how to post a link)
www.allearsnet.com/menu/men_christmas.htm

For OHana's it list "Christmas selection" plus various a la carte items, all you can eat buffet

So hopefully Turkey, stuffing and all the trimmings are what is meant by Christmas selection

Hope this helps
:wizard: :cool1: :cool1:

Maybe you can call some of the restaurants directly to see if they know what their menus are going to be like. I usually get pretty standard form-like responses from guest services as well.

We ate at 'ohana on Christmas night two years ago and it was Traditional Skewer Menu, we weren't offered anything else. Hope this helps!

I'll second the recommendation to call the restaurant directly. Disney Dining suggested this to me when I had questions about Whispering Canyon Cafe on XMAS day. I called and asked some very specific questions which they seemed to be happy to answer. I even thought of another question and called right back and spoke with the same person who was still helpful. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter