Veteran DVC owners-Do you find you lose points every now and then?

How easy do you think it'd be to rent out 20 points? I have a UY of June and these are 2016 points that were banked. We aren't going on our DVC trip till Dec 2018.

Member since 1995. Never lost any points.

Lost points at Hilton Head, had to check out a day early. Decided the drive back to Dulles Washington was too far in a single day, stopped off on route at a Hampton Inn. Apart from that borrowing/banking always helps saves loosing points.

I guess with good planning and lots of luck, we haven't lost any points since we purchased back in 1993.

Banking and borrowing points have worked well for us to keep from losing points.

No, but last year canceled a trip at the last minute to Aulani. Points went into holding and were due to expire. Was able to reschedule the trip with the holding points but had to bump up to more expensive season and room category to make the trip work. Alaska Airlines was really good about rescheduling flights.

once, since 1999 - and it was only for about 2 points.
I almost lost a lot more about 2 years ago - bought a 150pt BWV resale, and when I went to use them, realized I never banked them :sad2:
In my defense, we had not once banked points in many, many years of ownership (always borrowed, never banked - hence that contract, as well as another we added this year).
Thankfully, MS did a "one time" exception, and banked them for us. And now I am much more diligent.

Nope. Members since 2002 and we are usually borrowing or buying one time use points to complete a reservation.

We have been members since 2003, and may have lost a few in the beginning, but not recently.

Due to an unexpected operation, I had to cancel VGC which was so sad, and that gave me 96 borrowed points that I could have lost. ( We had to cancel a DCL Panama Canal cruise, but that was covered by insurance.) 95 points RENTED! Wow, the rental was for a January/February stay, and it was in September, I think that it rented, not a lot was left. I have a March UY, I was delighted! Then DVC announced a Moonlight Magic for a January date that worked for us, the 1 point saved, with more able to be borrowed! Wow, that’s about as exciting as DVC ownership gets.

I may lose a few points this year if I change my reservations up a little, anywhere from 3-5 points, but if it comes to that, I'll just see if there's someone I can give them to who needs them Other than that, I have never lost points, and have owned since 2001.

Owned for 18 years and I think I might have lost 15 points ONCE -- but typically no points left. I rent out our points a lot in recent years as jobs have changed and kids have grown -- but looking forward to in a few years having more flexibility to go more often.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter