• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

VGF and Expectations?

Has VGF lived up to your expectations?

• Yes - VGF has met or far exceeded my expecations.

• No - VGF has not met my expectations. I am disappointed.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Andrew015

WL Guru
For those of you who have been lucky enough to stay at VGF thus far, has VGF lived up to your expectations, or have you been disappointed?

From an outsider (one who has not yet stayed here, just living vicariously through your recent pictures and videos that have been posted over the past few weeks), it seems to me that VGF is absolutely beautiful, and will far exceed my expectations that were set once I first learned that VGF was going to be built.

I suspect that it is far more "grand" in person, but curious to know from those who have "been there, done that, got the tee-shirt".

I was there before it opened and think it meets my expectations, VGF is better than other DVC properties (so it exceeds expectations), but the high point cost is below my expectations as I wish it was lower.

I won't vote, only visited the models. DH & I were blown away...cannot wait to stay there!

It exceeded my expectations - the rooms were beautiful and definitely higher-end than the other DVC resorts. But, assuming there is availability, it probably won't be the resort I stay at most often due to the high point price. If I'm splurging on a higher-point resort, I think I prefer BLT and the ability to walk to MK. The monorail service from the Grand Floridian definitely fell short of my expectations. It was a quick trip to MK, but took 30-35 minutes to get back to the resort. If I caught a bus right away, I could get to OKW faster!

For those of you who have been lucky enough to stay at VGF thus far, has VGF lived up to your expectations, or have you been disappointed? From an outsider (one who has not yet stayed here, just living vicariously through your recent pictures and videos that have been posted over the past few weeks), it seems to me that VGF is absolutely beautiful, and will far exceed my expectations that were set once I first learned that VGF was going to be built. I suspect that it is far more "grand" in person, but curious to know from those who have "been there, done that, got the tee-shirt".

I haven't stayed there yet, but from the pics, I'm afraid I may be a littlest disappointed with the bathroom layout compared to the others. I really line the traditional DVC bathroom with the jacuzzi tub and shutters into the mater bedroom. I guess I will have to wait until May to see it in person.

I haven't stayed there yet, but from the pics, I'm afraid I may be a littlest disappointed with the bathroom layout compared to the others. I really line the traditional DVC bathroom with the jacuzzi tub and shutters into the mater bedroom. I guess I will have to wait until May to see it in person.

That's funny - the shutters between the BR & the MBR were what I liked least... That's what makes the world go 'round, eh?
Like you, I can't wait to see VGF in person, tho!
Have a great time in May!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter