VGF Villas & Views - REVISED 07/22/2017

We have an upcoming stay in a 2BR. What are the room #s I should try to avoid? I didn't realize that there were "dreaded" room at VGF!

Are you in a standard room? Dreaded is in the eye of the beholder, 1221 is a standard view room looking out the front of the resort towards the Senses Spa building. Post 1 of this thread has a map of the building with photos.

:earsboy: Bill

Are you in a standard room? Dreaded is in the eye of the beholder, 1221 is a standard view room looking out the front of the resort towards the Senses Spa building. Post 1 of this thread has a map of the building with photos.

Thanks! We are in a standard room. I'll take a look at the maps.

This will be my first time staying at the Grand Floridan Villas. Is there a store to buy groceries?

There is a small store in the Main Floridian Building, where you can buy milk, eggs, and a few other things, but not much. It is on the first floor between the main lobby and the entrance to 1900 Park Fare.
A Publix is about a 10 minute drive from the Villas.

All DVC resorts have some type of small store. If you have access to the member website there is a shopping list for each store that will give you an idea of what they have available, they will also deliver to your room. There are also several delivery options for local off property grocery stores.

This will be my first time staying at the Grand Floridan Villas. Is there a store to buy groceries?
Yes. It is very similar to the stores in other deluxes. You can generally get the items that are available in the pre-purchase list.

**should have refreshed before I answered. Redundant with above answer.

The map with room numbers is no longer visible on the first page. Can anyone else see it, or is it just my computer?

I never realized how many people used photobucket until now! Keep sending in photos, everyone, so we can re-build up some of the room views we lost.

Bumping this thread up just to say we added an extra day to our vacation and will be staying at the Grand for one night in April....our first stay Here and so excited!! Then we will move on over to Copper Creek for a week and then the Boardwalk, yep trying a triple stay... thank you Bell Services....

I’m curious; can a HA studio be connected to a non-HA 1-bedroom? I see that in the maps, but I would imagine they’d both be HA so that the full lockoff would be, too.

So, are the views from 1220 and 1222 as bad as that from 1221? Or do they have redeeming qualities?

Silly question! My cousin and I are staying in a villa studio for 5 nights for Princess. In the interests of making little things super easy to find, I had the thought of using magnet hooks like on a cruise, to hold things like running hats, magicbands, etc. Are the doors metal?

I’ve only been there once and I can’t recall.

And that one time yielded what must have been villa 1429, which was awesome, and I hope to get similar luck. :)

I’m so excited that three separate waitlists resulted in this relatively long stay. We’ve been at bay lake studio the last two Princess weekends, which is a bit of a squeeze, so I’m happy.

Silly question! My cousin and I are staying in a villa studio for 5 nights for Princess. In the interests of making little things super easy to find, I had the thought of using magnet hooks like on a cruise, to hold things like running hats, magicbands, etc. Are the doors metal?

I’ve only been there once and I can’t recall.

And that one time yielded what must have been villa 1429, which was awesome, and I hope to get similar luck. :)

I’m so excited that three separate waitlists resulted in this relatively long stay. We’ve been at bay lake studio the last two Princess weekends, which is a bit of a squeeze, so I’m happy.

Not all of the DVC resorts have metal doors. I am not sure about VGF. They could be metal. Have you thought about bring suction cup hooks instead?

There is a small store in the Main Floridian Building, where you can buy milk, eggs, and a few other things, but not much. It is on the first floor between the main lobby and the entrance to 1900 Park Fare.
A Publix is about a 10 minute drive from the Villas.

We always use Green Grocer delivery service. The service is easy to use, login, shop, schedule delivery day and time.

I usually have the groceries delivered around our arrival time or prior. Bell hop service will keep everything cold or frozen till you arrive. Just call them and they bring everything up to your villa.

We booked a lake view studio and got a text we are in room 1604. One post says its a studioand one says 2 bedroom.... any ideas on what it is?

We booked a lake view studio and got a text we are in room 1604. One post says its a studioand one says 2 bedroom.... any ideas on what it is?

Is this a cash room? Boulder Ridge Villas (VWL) Doesn't have lake view rooms as a category for points and I cannot find that room number on the maps I have of BRV/VWL nor for Copper Creek Villas. Did you book a Wilderness Lodge room? I sure hope I am wrong.

BTW, upgrades from a studio to a 2BR is extremely rare. In fact upgrades for DVC rooms is very rare. It usually means something was wrong with your assigned room.

Edit: Never mind, boy did I get on the wrong thread.:oops:o_O

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!