VGF?

morgana316

Earning My Ears
So I am an OKW owner, have only stayed there for the last 8 years in a 2 bedroom(dedicated) and love it! This year we wanted to switch to VGF and I would appreciate some feedback, room requests, I don't think I can swing the extra points for lake view..I tried looking for reviews on this site but it comes up error and no reviews? Any help is appreciated, thanks!

Basically you probably do not want the side facing the parking lot/monorail - unless you are in the room on the very eastern end - then you actually steal a lake view from the studio portion and its great. Otherwise the small part of the upside down T facing the north will give you a good view over the main hotel toward the park.

Highest floor being the best

Standard views at GFV can be fine. We've booked a standard one bedroom two times so far. One gave us a view of the pool area and the monorail. The other was the monorail and the Wedding Chapel.

We stayed standard view a few years ago and had an upper floor room facing the main building. It was beautiful and had a fireworks view. I enjoyed it more than the lake view room we stayed in.

Last October we were able to get 6 days at VGF in a standard view 2 bedroom. When we arrived we were sprinkled with Pixie dust and given a lake view. They stated they didn’t have any standard views left. Not sure if they had to take one out of service. This was our first upgrade. One thing I will say is the sun is brutal in the morning on the balcony. I like to go out and sit there and eat breakfast. Even with sunglasses on I had to try to position myself behind a post to block the sun.

Due to the Monorail, if thats your thing, most of the standard view rooms at VGF are pretty good. Some that point towards the Poly can see Bay Lake if you look left. We prefer the ones that look at the inner courtyard. We book STD view at VGF 100% the time when it's available.

I have only stayed at GFV one time and had a lake view hoping to see the Electric Water Parade. The parade isn't visible from the GFV's at least not in the room we were in. We had an upper lever floor, the view was nice but not spectacular, not sure if it's worth the additional points.

I had an upper floor standard room on the north side (requested) and it was nice with a side view of MK west side area.

If you stay there the gas grills were really nice even though we had a 2br, for a studio I would think they would be a major plus

We stayed in a 1BR standard view and it was absolute heaven! We fell in love with the lobby (penguin fountain) and our room was beautiful. We had a view of the monorail which was cool to sit out and have a beverage after a park day. Warning: you will be hooked once you stay :-).

We always stay Standard view and they are always good. Nice views of monorail, main building, pool and if you're high enough some fireworks!

We had a Standard View room very similar to @KValo....not on the upper floor though.

When we looked straight out, we had a view of the monorail coming through every few minutes:

VGF Std View Monorail.jpg

And this is what we saw when we looked to our right off the balcony...

VGF View towards GF.jpg

We actually saw the edges of the MK fireworks from here, though hardly a great view for that. But even Standard View rooms are very costly in points, so if we went back there we'd definitely do Standard View again. We book 1BRs so that gives us a decent shot at SV rooms at the 7 month window for some parts of the year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter