VGT Booking---Cabin # asssignment

NC State Tigger

'cause we all love State and I luv Tigger
We are booked VGT on the Oct 30 sailing on the Dream.
I am so anxious to get our cabin assignment. We have 2 cabins booked and so hope that they are near each other.

Fingers crossed for you!

They are usually assigned slightly before, but it could be the day of.

There is NO guarantee they will be close together. They may try but there may not be 2 close together to assign you to.

Fingers crossed for you!

They are usually assigned slightly before, but it could be the day of.

There is NO guarantee they will be close together. They may try but there may not be 2 close together to assign you to.

Still waiting on VGT for October 28 on the Magic.

Yep. Like I said, it could even be as late as when you arrive at the port. I think the *GT assignments are usually 10-15 days out. No personal experience as I cannot do them because of my schedule as a teacher - but anecdotally that seems to be the sweet spot. GTY is usually further out from sailing.

I am booked with a VGT for October 20th. We have done VGT before and typically the cabin assignments show up anywhere from 10 to 14 days out. :)
Since we are currently at 13 days with no cabin assignment, I am thinking it will be closer to Tuesday or Wednesday next week.

Also, they are still selling VGT , GTY and "regular" priced cabins so it might even be closer to 4 days before sailing or day of arrival at the port. This has not happened to me personally, but there is always a first time. lol

We are booked VGT on the Oct 30 sailing on the Dream.
I am so anxious to get our cabin assignment. We have 2 cabins booked and so hope that they are near each other.

Typically, *GT assignments show up around 10-14 days ahead (usually on a Tuesday) of the cruise. But, as noted, it could be at anytime up to and including embarkation day.

Thanks to all. I was sure I was looking too soon. Booked VGT one other time in past.
Just wishing we would get our cabins assignment sooner rather than later

Thanks to all. I was sure I was looking too soon. Booked VGT one other time in past.
Just wishing we would get our cabins assignment sooner rather than later

I hear ya. I have booked 2 other times with a VGT and was pleased both times. It is really fun though to NOT plan or choose a cabin and see if you get placed somewhere different that you would never have chosen for yourself.

For example, we LOVE Deck 10 all the way forward on Dream and Fantasy. It is next to the Bridge, under the Rainforest and Starboard side so it is super quiet. No one goes down that hall unless they are an officer or staying there are there is no way out. The Cabin host/hostesses are really aware of who is staying there and I have seen them question folks who wander there and find out there is no elevator. lol We now choose that specific cabin because it was assigned to us on one of our VGT cruises. :) Had we not booked it that way, we never would have known about it.

That being said, I am hopeful that we do NOT get an aft cabin as any time I have ever felt even the slightest discomfort, it was aft. Ugh.
Good luck to us all...and hope that we get notifications very soon!

Booked on the fantasy oct 28th. Still waiting for our cabin assignments. Hoping we are near our family, but if not that's ok too. Anxious to see where we get assigned.

Today is day 11 now....hoping the Tuesday rumor is true and we see something tomorrow. I actually flight out tomorrow for a pre trip at WDW.

Last edited:
Just checked for cabin assignment for VGT Oct 30.

Have been assigned 2 Cat 5A cabins, deck 10 midship, adjoining
Very happy.

Just checked for cabin assignment for VGT Oct 30.

Have been assigned 2 Cat 5A cabins, deck 10 midship, adjoining
Very happy.

That's great....and I'm still waiting for our oct 28th fantasy WC cruise! Hopefully today! Though they are still selling at all 3 levels. We also have two cabins!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter