Via Napoli and dining plan

saksn4

Mouseketeer
How does Via Napoli work with as a ts credit for dining plan? Part of my party is wanting pizza, while others would like to order an entrée. Can this be done? Thanks for your help!

How does Via Napoli work with as a ts credit for dining plan? Part of my party is wanting pizza, while others would like to order an entrée. Can this be done? Thanks for your help!

Everyone will have to get their own, either pizza or entree. You cannot get one pizza for two people to share, nor can you get one entree for two people to share. Once all the food is at the table, you can share however you like, but each person on the DDP will have to order their own.

Everyone will have to get their own, either pizza or entree. You cannot get one pizza for two people to share, nor can you get one entree for two people to share. Once all the food is at the table, you can share however you like, but each person on the DDP will have to order their own.

This.

The only pizzas available for those on the DDP as an entree choice are the individual pizzas. Credits cannot be combined to order a large or mezzo metro pizza. Extra toppings can be added to an individual pizza for an extra charge.

We each got our own pizzas, shared them and brought extras back to room! :)

I know this is the exception to the rule, and I'm not even sure how we pulled this off last year when we went. But we were going to have extra TS credits left over if we hadn't gone to Via Napoli, but we didn't have enough for all seven of us. We had... 4 TS credits left, so four of us got food on the ddp, and the other three got a large pizza.

Just saying, it's not out of the realm of possibility, but it's not likely to happen from all the stories I've read.

I know this is the exception to the rule, and I'm not even sure how we pulled this off last year when we went. But we were going to have extra TS credits left over if we hadn't gone to Via Napoli, but we didn't have enough for all seven of us. We had... 4 TS credits left, so four of us got food on the ddp, and the other three got a large pizza.

Just saying, it's not out of the realm of possibility, but it's not likely to happen from all the stories I've read.

This is allowed. No exception there.

The "no sharing" thing at VN means that you cannot use one TS credit to feed more than one person. It basically mean no "splitting" meals on the DDP. It's perfectly fine to have some folks at the same table paying on the dining plan, and some not on the dining plan paying OOP.

Last edited:

The "no sharing" thing at VN means that you cannot use one TS credit to feed more than one person. It basically mean no "splitting" meals on the DDP. It's perfectly fine to have some folks at the same table paying on the dining plan, and some not on the dining plan paying OOP.

It felt like it took a while for ou server to figure this out, though. We still had plenty of TS credits, but we had other ADRs we were planning on using, and he wanted to only limit us to the DDP. Thankfully, after my parents explained it (two or three times, we were able to do so.

Posted in wrong thread instead of the one that this thread was linked from. Didn't mean to resurrect a dead conversation. Derp.

Can confirm this! We were going to do individual pies when we had lunch there during our last trip but decided to just go out-of-pocket for a larger half-half pizza. Ended up saving a few bucks and got more pizza? This is the way almost ALL Neopolitan-style pizzeria price their pizzas. Wife got Quattro Formaggi (four cheese) and I just got plain pepperoni. Hands down one of the best Neopolitan-style pizzas we've had, but I am spoiled as I work 1200 feet from a pizzeria that serves this style pie in smaller individual sizes just as good as VN. If you've never had Neopolitan-style pizza, you should try it, but don't use the dining plan to pay for it. It's just not a good use of the credit when there are so many better options out there (like Ohana).

Do any of you remember how big the individual pizzas are? I think my husband will want pizza, and he is an eater! We don't want to pay OOP if we can help it.

Do any of you remember how big the individual pizzas are? I think my husband will want pizza, and he is an eater! We don't want to pay OOP if we can help it.
The pizza is very thin and it has an appropriate amount of cheese, but it is not huge. It is 10" But again, it is thin crust and not loaded with cheese and toppings (they are appropriate to the thin crust)

Does the no sharing also apply to children. We are traveling with two young children who don’t eat much. Usually we will split a meal between the two of them or the youngest will just pick at her mothers meal.

Does the no sharing also apply to children. We are traveling with two young children who don’t eat much. Usually we will split a meal between the two of them or the youngest will just pick at her mothers meal.
If you’re on the dining plan, Via Napoli expects each person who eats to use a credit. Yes, that applies to kids, too.

If you’re on the dining plan, Via Napoli expects each person who eats to use a credit. Yes, that applies to kids, too.

Yep...this.

Also, if you're on the standard dining plan, what are you going to do with leftover child TS credits?

they may have more TS scheduled than "allotted" and the adults will share elsewhere, and use the kids meals then...unless the kids are two and under. they can share.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter