Via Napoli, Tutto Italia, and Tutto Gusto are opening with shorter operating hours and updated menus

I had made a reservation at Via Napoli based on the menu they had on their site last week and the fact that they had outdoor seating. The menu has been shortened considerably. They don't have any entrees that are not pizza or pasta and I don't eat either of those. I was planning on getting the steak or the fish. I will have to change out this reservation. ugh. Off to check menus again and seating options!

Super disappointed.

Not only is the margharita the only classic pizza available...but they jacked price up of the Quattro Formaggi for the Metro Mezzo $9! For a group, I could barely justify a $46 pizza....but I could, just barely. A $55 pizza? Nope.

Last edited:

That’s just strange, no pepperoni pizza. I wonder if you can just add pepperoni to any of these pizzas on the menu.
I very much doubt you could add pepperoni because if it is not on their menu, they won't have it in stock (no point in them stocking an ingredient they aren't selling to customers). Via napoli pepperoni wasn't your typical grocery store pepperoni--it was more of a specialty thing. I wouldn't be surprised if their supplier doesn't have it available at the moment, especially if it was imported (might be from italy and they have had a lot of disruption this year).

Or it could just be they took a hard look at their budget and made cuts to focus on the most profitable recipes for them. And if that is the case, who can fault them? They have been shuttered for four months, have not been able to keep afloat with a takeout business because they are in a closed park, and will be reopening with far lower capacity, and they are not Disney-owned so don't have the buffer of Disney's other businesses to avoid bankruptcy. Amazing they are still in business honestly.

It's really starting to boggle my mind that people seem so shocked at cost-cutting measures. The outrage in the "no luggage delivery" post is similarly perplexing. If you travel this year to Disney World, you will be paying the same (or more) than you used to and getting less. No fireworks, every-other-day housekeeping, closed attractions, and limited dining, the list goes on and on. But we've been experiencing the same thing at home too with reduced menus and store hours etc. and it's just going to be the case for a while. For our part, we buy the very overpriced pre-mixed cocktails from restaurants when we order takeout and tip 30% because we just want our favorite businesses to still be there when times are good again. I'll be going to Via Napoli even without their delicious pepperoni pizza, and hopefully contribute to it still being there in 2021 and beyond.

Every single restaurant I've looked at has reduced their menu items. This is the way. It's understandable, just trying to source ingredients and staying profitable with the lower capacity.

I think I've settled on not having a TS dinner on our full day at Epcot. I think we'll just continue our day plans of noshing around the world and maybe stop at a QS or 2.

I have it booked for August but if the pepperoni pizza isn't on the menu I might be out. Or maybe I could add prosciutto to the quatro frommagio. Has anyone tried that?

Does this mean when the restaurant opens to full capacity, they will lower the price?

😆
I mean, less crazy than you'd think. We've been pleasantly surprised when, in the off season, prices are sometimes lower in restaurants than what we saw online when planning in advance of the trip. Pricing is always a factor of supply and demand.

Does this mean when the restaurant opens to full capacity, they will lower the price?

😆
I know you were joking, but I wouldn't expect them to lower the price. Via Napoli was always priced generously for the location. I live in South Florida. The only pizza you can get here for less than $9 is Dominos, Hungry Howies & occasionally Pizza Hut. A decent pizza here is going to cost much more that that. Our usual pizza place starts at $12 for a very small, basic cheese pizza & goes up substantially from there.

I kept scrolling down the list thinking all the previous posters joked about no pepperoni pizza but its true. A pizza place without pepperoni pizza is now added to the list of strange things for 2020

I kept scrolling down the list thinking all the previous posters joked about no pepperoni pizza but its true. A pizza place without pepperoni pizza is now added to the list of strange things for 2020
Although not strange in actual Italy--so maybe this is just to make it more authentic (kidding)?

I can live without the pepperoni, we love quattro formaggia, but no arancini is painful!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!