Victoria and Albert's - Dress Code

dj_sav

Earning My Ears
Hello

I have made ADRs for V&A as a surprise for my boyfriend on the penultimate day of our holiday. In terms of dress code, can someone provide clarification - does "dress jacket" mean a suit jacket? My boyfriend and I are coming from the UK and so I was hoping we could wear smart trousers (light coloured), shoes, shirts and a blazer (navy blue or similar), either with or without a tie. Would this be fine? I don't want to give the game away by making him pack a suit!

Thanks in advance!!!

You could tell him you want a nice picture in a suit at one of the resorts and then spring it on him.

Blazer should be fine. I think a tie is still required tho. But that should be easy for you to pack and sneak in your luggage if you're looking to surprise him.

Blazer should be fine. I think a tie is still required tho. But that should be easy for you to pack and sneak in your luggage if you're looking to surprise him.

Ties have been optional for at least ten years. I've been somewhere between 10-15 times and don't recall anyone I was with wearing a tie. Pocket squares almost always and some vests, but not ties.

Blazer should be fine. I think a tie is still required tho

1) For the price and sophistication of the eatery, TO ME, a tie is mandatory.
2) Sure, it is nice to be "casual" at WDW, but some meal locations dictate more decorum.
3) V&A is such a place - as well as it should be.
4) Jackets are fine, and mandatory, for men (suit jacket or nice sport jacket).
5) THANK GOODNESS!
6) Sometimes I get tired of the "casual" look, and table noise, of guests at WDW eateries (eg: shorts, "muscle shirts, flip flops, uncontrolled kiddies).
. . . one of the great things about V&A is the prohibition of kids under 10-years-old
. . . there needs to be somewhere in WDW where adults can enjoy a sedate meal
. . . Cali Grille used to be nice, but the noise level of kiddies, and the parents who let their kids run around the eatery, has ruined it for us - we shall not return

My son and I were there a couple of weeks ago. My son wore a dress shirt, dress pants and a suit jacket, no tie. I wore a dress and heeled sandals. There wasn't a single man in the place other than staff who had a tie on that night.

1) For the price and sophistication of the eatery, TO ME, a tie is mandatory.
2) Sure, it is nice to be "casual" at WDW, but some meal locations dictate more decorum.
3) V&A is such a place - as well as it should be.....
I agree. I just cannot bring myself to wear a suit without a tie. I now have a nice selection of the Disney ties that can be purchased in the WDW shops and ob board the DCL ships. I'm okay with a blazer or sport coat without a tie, but at V&A, I think the experience is enhanced by being dressed for the occasion.

DH always wears a suit and tie (often from a collection of subtle Disney ties) but we've seen lots of men in dress pants and a nice jacket or blazer. He'll be fine. I've worn everything from a nice cocktail dress to a floor length backless velvet dress with shawl to something calf length and swirly. Depends on suitcase space and time of year. As we walk through the lobby we almost always get some CM commenting that we must be going to V&A's.

We've been multiple times and over the years, the dress code has become a little more casual. Either a suit or dress slacks, shirt and sports blazer are fine. Ties used to be mandatory for men, now optional. In general, if I'm dressing up to go to that nice of a place, I'm wearing a tie. Have not seen as many pocket squares the last few times.
It is a great experience, expect to spend the full 3 hours there.

Hello

I have made ADRs for V&A as a surprise for my boyfriend on the penultimate day of our holiday. In terms of dress code, can someone provide clarification - does "dress jacket" mean a suit jacket? My boyfriend and I are coming from the UK and so I was hoping we could wear smart trousers (light coloured), shoes, shirts and a blazer (navy blue or similar), either with or without a tie. Would this be fine? I don't want to give the game away by making him pack a suit!

Thanks in advance!!!
Ties are optional but a sportcoat at least is required last time we were there.

Thank you for all your replies! This has been super helpful and I'm now about 100% more excited than I was before - 30 days till we fly out!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter