VIDEO: Hit or Miss: Value Resorts at Walt Disney World | Best & Worst

I stayed at Sports in August for one night. I had not stayed at a Value before. While it was one night, I have not stopped raving about it since. The resort easily completed a check list of everything one expects from a Disney resort. It was extremely clean, had great bus service, and the Cast Members were friendly and welcoming. As a visitor without children, I find the level of friendliness generally drops off significantly. But at this resort it was not an issue. I highly recommend giving All Stars a try!

I just came back from a stay at Movies and had a great experience. The new rooms really are a wonderful change. The beds are amazingly comfortable with PLENTY of pillows. I still miss that nice refurbished shower with the wonderful Disney bodywash and shampoo! :sad:

We did a split stay in August starting at POP (for the bulk of out trip) and then ended with 2 days at Animal Kingdom Lodge. Our room at AKL had not been refurbed/updated and it was amazing how "old" it felt coming from the POP room that had been redone - just the technology and USB ports and things like that

now, it didn't feel as "luxe" as the AKL room for sure and no comparison of the lobbies and things like that - but if you can find them at a good price (seems like prices for Values keep climbing so the "rack rate" is a bit pricey now) hard to beat the value for the value resorts if you utilize things like Magical Express, 60+ day FP access, etc

How are the family suites at music? What buildings are they houses in?
We stayed in AS Music back in 2017. I believe they've been remodeled since then. But, the room was comfortable. We were just behind the "saxophone" facing the parking lot. it was a bit of a hike to the main eating area and main swimming pool. Both were always a bit noisy in the morning and afternoon. But, it was about what I expected from such a large resort.

Regarding AS Sports, I can see why it would be a nostalgic choice for many. Think about how many people first went to Disney with their sports team or school band, and stayed there. I also think the Surf's Up pool is the best-themed pool of the value resorts (excluding AoA, which doesn't seem to fit in the Value category very well).

We stayed at Pop last trip and I prefer that resort (even pre skyliner) for many of the reasons discussed in the podcast, but my 10-year-old basketball player reaaaallly wants to stay at AS Sports, and my 11-year-old musician wants to stay at AS Music.

We stayed in AS Music back in 2017. I believe they've been remodeled since then. But, the room was comfortable. We were just behind the "saxophone" facing the parking lot. it was a bit of a hike to the main eating area and main swimming pool. Both were always a bit noisy in the morning and afternoon. But, it was about what I expected from such a large resort.

Family suites are in the preferred sections, so Jazz and Calypso. The renovations are going around the resort from building 10 to building 1. Right now Buildings 9 and 10 are complete, but 1 and 2 probably won't be done before the fall. So you have a 50/50 chance of a renovated suite.

I really love Art of Animation and the overall theming of the resort. I usually purchase the art books for Disney animated features when they're released and I love how the resort is bathing in art from those very books. Me and my family are now DVC members and wouldn't hesitate to return to that resort. Big Blue is also such a wonderful pool to swim in. I recently noticed that it's off limits for pool hopping sadly. Traveling to other resorts swimmin' holes seems like too much work but it still kinda made me sad.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts