Villa nearer disney without a car?

Julia Ann

DIS Veteran
Trying to feel positive that someday day we will return to our happy place!

Any tips for staying in a villa but not hiring a car....best area closest to disney by uber \ airport transfer? Anything else to consider?

Do you not want a car because of driving confidence?

Even a nearby hotel or villa would rack up a hefty bill for daily taxis. I'd definitely consider the cost difference.

Do you not want a car because of driving confidence?

Even a nearby hotel or villa would rack up a hefty bill for daily taxis. I'd definitely consider the cost difference.
If the cost of an Uber is the same 1 way as a days parking cost then it is cost effective to Uber Once you add in the car hire cost. Bit it’s not as convenient.

I suggest either emerald island resort or sunset lakes.
We’ve had wonderful holidays at both locations.

One thing worth considering is how many people are in your party as if you have a larger family you will need an Uber XL which will cost more for each journey. Also Transfers to and from the Airport can add up and it can be very handy to have a car for journeys to the supermarket for bits and pieces rather than a big shop if you are staying in a villa.

Sorry hope it doesn't all seem negative, just things that may add up cost wise besides the actual getting to the park.

If you want to stay in a villa without hiring a car if you book with a travel company, a few people have told me it is cheaper to book transfers before you leave.
Also they've said they have done a couple of big shops with lists as it has cut down on taking taxis to the stores which can be expensive.
Try and pick a villa near where you are planning to do most of your travel. Will you be going to Universal too ?

Thanks for your replies. Family of 3. prob just doing Disney. Just hate driving but last time we had a car was before satnavs so I'm guessing the whole navigation might be much easier now. so was looking at the options.

First, it is very easy to get around with a basic navigation app. So, if that’s the issue, you should be fine.

If you want a villa without a car, two options to consider are Sheraton Vistana and Wyndham Bonnet Creek. The Vistana is near Disney Springs, and as a non-timeshare owner, you would be eligible to use their free parks shuttle. I haven’t used it, and my understanding is that it runs rather infrequently throughout the day, but if you can use it sometimes, it will cut down your Uber costs.

WBC is very close to Disney, and has an amazing pool complex with water slides, two lazy rivers, mini golf, etc. With reduced park hours at Disney and no opening dates for the water parks, it might be nice to spend your pool time here. You could take the shuttle (for a fee), but would likely be better off with Uber/Lyft.

Both resorts have very long detailed threads over on the Orlando Hotels and Attractions board. If you’re thinking of an offsite stay, that board can be a good resource.

Look at Bryan Spanish Cove townhouses It is very close to Disney less than a 15 minute drive to MK>

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!