Villain Goodies at MGM Shop?

FFerret

DIS Veteran
Hi!

We're going for the first time in just a couple of weeks (happy ferret dance) and I just GOTTA make a quick trip into the MGM Villain Store. If anyone's got quick directions I'd be grateful :)

I'll be with DH (aka Grumpy) and a 3 and 5 yr old -- I'll know for a fact they will NOT want to go in the store with me so I'll have to "power shop" in like under ten minutes--it'll really help me to have at least some idea what to look for at least!

Mommies--you KNOW what I mean :)

Villains are such a favorite of mine--not really one in particular--

Can y'all give me some great low budget souvies ideas (under $10) and maybe a nice one or two under $20?

So far I've got a great Villains mug I'm really happy with given as a gift a couple of years ago. I don't have any Villain pins, but plan on trading for some when we go :)

I really appreciate it!

FFerret - You're in luck! My DS is a big Villian's fan too, was just in this shop last Friday!

The shop is located on Sunset Blvd. After entering the park walk down Hollywood Blvd (the main st) turn right on Sunset (your first right) and the shop is the first building on the left. Shares the space with the bakery - bakery first then Villians shop.

The have T-shirts, pins, mugs, a lot of costumes now (for Halloween), artwork, posters, etc. I do not know any prices though. Sorry, can't help there.

Have fun!

I remember the shop being right off of the main street into MGM and also you could enter from the street going to RnRC or ToT. Sorry, I don't know street names. I just remember cutting through the shop one night. I think the sweets shop was connected to it. I really didn't price anything, so I'm not sure about that, but they did have some cute "villan stuff" in there.

Cindy

The t-shirts can range in price from $18 to $24. They don't have a lot of smaller stuff. One of my favorites is a villians pen a friend found for me, but I haven't seen it at the shop. I think I'm getting the "anger management" shirt next trip!

The Villains shop is the first right off that main street like you're going to walk to ToT or RnRC...and the shop is on the left and it is attached to the sweet shop...you might notice that first.

I don't remember much in there for $10 or less. I remember some small plush items that were maybe $12 or so. There are lots of shirts! I didn't look too closely at the mugs so I don't know how much those go for. I loved the Nightmare Before Christmas stuff there :smooth: The shop is pretty small and probably doable in 10 minutes. I know what you mean as I have a 5 and 1 yr olds. The 5 yr old loved the shop...he would have outshopped me given a chance....there's a good mix of toys and clothes in there - kid/adult stuff to keep us both happy looking. Lots of Grumpy stuff too.

Have a great trip!

The kids may change their mind about not going in when they realize that the Villains shop is also the candy shop! Caramel apples - YUM! You might have to drag them out of there.

Steve

Just got back from 7 days at WDW on Labor Day, and I have to share with you that the Villains Store was our #1 most visited non-attraction location. We went into the store four times, making purchases there three of the four trips.

It turned into what I'm sure will be a running joke for us now: going to MGM today? We have to stop at the Villains Store! :D

Jon

Thanks so much, everyone!!!
Got the location memorized :)
Go down the main street--
Turn right--
First building on left

Here's my strategy--
1. Go to Candy Shop.
(anybody know how much the mickey peanut butter cup is?)
2. Give the fam some nummy goodies.
3. Shop shop shop!!!

Did y'all happen to notice anything marked down? I'm thinking Disney doesn't do much clearance but worth the try :)

don't know about the pb cups, but as for the Clearance question: absoLUTEly!

In fact, one of the reasons we made four stops there is I saw a VERY nice embroidered WDW (not-villain themed, more generic than that) sweatshirt for $52, that I wanted to get for my mother. However, the price discouraged me.

Eventually, I decided that Ma was worth $52, so we went back, and to my surprise (!!) it was marked down to $26 :D :D :D :D

As with everything Disney, there are no guarantees, but it's definitely possible!

(Incidentally, I was at MGM in 2000 on a particularly cold day and wanted to shop up from the T-shirt I wore to the park to a warmer sweatshirt. I went into a different store, found a Pluto sweatshirt that I absolutely loved, and lo and behold THAT was on clearance for 1/2 off too!)

No wonder I enjoy shopping at MGM so much, huh? :D

Jon

I do know that they have a beautiful poster for about $10. If you can't get it there you can get it at the shop where Animation lets out. The also have a pad of paper with the villians around the sides. This was also for under $10. The anger management shirt was great (I saw it in Aug) but I have a boss I would want to give it to and he would never get the joke and would probably fire me if I wore it (and I would want to wear it because everyone else would get the joke). It is my favorite shop and my husband knows it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter