VIP Tours and RotR Discussion

When I was queuing for SR earlier in the week someone had a VIP pass and was refused entry. Very naughty if people have booked vip and told they could get on but then Disney changed their minds.

What do you mean by “VIP pass” - I assume you mean they were on a VIP tour accompanied by a plaid VIP tour guide?

What do you mean by “VIP pass” - I assume you mean they were on a VIP tour accompanied by a plaid VIP tour guide?

No, just a bloke and a woman no CM guide. The Cm at rise was adamant they couldn’t skip the queue. Don’t know what VIP credentials they had, as in a paid VIP package or they could of been famous for all i know?

No, just a bloke and a woman no CM guide. The Cm at rise was adamant they couldn’t skip the queue. Don’t know what VIP credentials they had, as in a paid VIP package or they could of been famous for all i know?

Ok, thanks. If they did not have a plaid CM guide with them, whatever VIP credentials they had are suspicious. If they were legit (eg, a special interest group of some sort, or special guests with some kind of pass, or whatever), it sounds like whatever credential they had didn’t provide access to MFSR (which doesn’t surprise me).

the only confirmed sighting of anyone getting access during park hours is Neil Patrick Harris. My understanding is the a-listers still go around with a plaid. I wonder if someone thought to print out a “pass” and tried to use it. Lol

the only confirmed sighting of anyone getting access during park hours is Neil Patrick Harris. My understanding is the a-listers still go around with a plaid. I wonder if someone thought to print out a “pass” and tried to use it. Lol
World of Dreams tours get access. So it’s not just him.

what ride are you talking about? Your first post said smugglers run and your second said rise. My understanding is at this time VIP plaid tours have access to the falcon but not rise. I don’t know what a VIP pass is so not sure what that means.

We have our VIP tour today. Ends at 5 pm.
Going this morning and aiming for a backup group that lands in the evening. Doesn’t guarantee a ride but we are here and want to give it a shot.

will ask our guide about VIP tours and ROTR for the future
Good luck and please report back!

We had our VIP tour last Thursday and in conversation on our way to Magic Kingdom, I asked the tour guide if she had rode ROTR yet. She said "no, they dont want us taking up a seat". Also said that they have not been told much else about the ride. Was not sure if and when Disney will start allowing rides in the VIP tour.

Because everyone in the family except the youngest had ridden at least once,( couple of the kids had ridden 3 times by the day of the tour) she was asking us questions about the ride, the wait, was there any breakdowns. We knew more about the ride than she did!

Almost every tour she does, people ask if they can get a ride. She said some people have gotten quite upset when told she cant help them get a ride.

We knew we couldnt get a ride through the VIP tour, so we lined up for 7am to get a BG, I aimed to get a BG in the evening for that day. We got I think 67, removed it, and then 2 others and stayed with 93. The last one they called that day was 94. But the ride broke down before we could ride at the end of the day. We ended up getting a FP for the next day. We rode the next morning. About a 5 minute wait in the FP line. Everything was working.

We are planning to get our own BG the morning of our tour. If we secure one, can the guide then take us through the fast pass line or do we have to wait in the regular line? Tour is April 2, so a very crowded time, I’m hearing of people waiting in line as long as two hours once their BG is called, which is obviously not a good use of the guide.

We are planning to get our own BG the morning of our tour. If we secure one, can the guide then take us through the fast pass line or do we have to wait in the regular line? Tour is April 2, so a very crowded time, I’m hearing of people waiting in line as long as two hours once their BG is called, which is obviously not a good use of the guide.

Regular line only.

How does this work when the guide is meeting us at the hotel at 7:30am with the tickets?
How to get a BG in this scenario?
We are flying in, going to Star Wars stuff and flying out - so we only have one day to do this!

We took a VIP tour over the weekend and our guide told us that tours will have no access to ROTR initially, but that this could change in future.

Something else that has to change...at SOME POINT in the future, we have to get more options to ride ROTR (i.e. fast passes!). After a year or so of BGs, anybody willing to get up that early for the ride will have had their chance. Getting up at 6 a.m. should not be the ONLY option forever.

How does this work when the guide is meeting us at the hotel at 7:30am with the tickets?
We are flying in, going to Star Wars stuff and flying out - so we only have one day to do this!
They will drive you to HS. Then you have to get a boarding group like the masses, and then take the advice of your guide- stay there to start your tour and hopefully ride RoR with a low BG number, or go to the park of your choice to start, and then jump back to HS when your # is called. You should have 2 hours, though some people have reported 1 hour at the beginning of the day/end of day.

Something else that has to change...at SOME POINT in the future, we have to get more options to ride ROTR (i.e. fast passes!). After a year or so of BGs, anybody willing to get up that early for the ride will have had their chance. Getting up at 6 a.m. should not be the ONLY option forever.
I was told that once RoR offers FP in the future- Then the VIP tour will include it.

When you get a VIP contract, it states that it utilizes the fast pass lines, no FP line no advantage. i do think on certain rides with no FP, there is sometimes the cast members entrance which is used. As a number of posters in the beginning thread, including myself there is no VIP access. Multiple strategy are stated on how groups have used there time. I think this has been one of the longest VIP oriented thread in a while.

When you get a VIP contract, it states that it utilizes the fast pass lines, no FP line no advantage. i do think on certain rides with no FP, there is sometimes the cast members entrance which is used. As a number of posters in the beginning thread, including myself there is no VIP access. Multiple strategy are stated on how groups have used there time. I think this has been one of the longest VIP oriented thread in a while.
MFSR had VIP tour access from very early on, long before that ride had FP. The way it worked was that you could ride once immediately, but the guide had to get a return time for subsequent rides.

Hi!! :)

When we went in late December, they had just started the system where you couldn't tap in to secure a BG until official park opening. Our VIP Guide got us there in time for RD (6:00 am on our tour day), but the issue, at that time, was that the VIP Tours ticketing system at DHS had a 5 minute delay from official park opening until VIP guests could tap in (it has something to do with their hand-held equipment not being tied to the tapstiles). That 5 minute delay was compounded by the fact that there were 5 VIP groups (at least 40 or so guests altogether) all tapping in to one VIP hand-held ticket scanner. By the time we scanned in at 6:07 am, we were only able to secure a back-up BG which was fine with us as I knew nothing was guaranteed and it at least gave us a possible chance to ride. We ended up getting some pixie dust from guest services who moved our BG up so we could ride earlier in the day, but it was completely unexpected. VIP Tour services were very upfront with us that they could not get us on the ride, so we were happy with the back-up BG we got and super happy with the pixie dust.

The possible issue I see with your tour, however, is, recently the BG's and back-up BG's have been running out in, literally, minutes (I think today all BGs were gone by 8:03 am - 3 minutes after opening). If there is still a 5 minute delay in tapping in to DHS for VIP guests, your chances of getting any BG may be slim to none and I really don't know if your VIP guide can intervene and help if you don't secure a BG at all.

If I were you, I would call VIP Tour services and ask if there is still a ticket scanning delay and, if so, how they are navigating the delay with guests who are trying to get a BG. If the delay has been eliminated, you will, at least, have a better chance of snagging a BG or back-up BG, but, again, there are no guarantees.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!