Virgin Cancellation - September 2020

atkinstogram

Mouseketeer
Hiya,

As predicted, our decision on whether to go has been made for us. Received an email from VA today cancelling our 10th September flights..

Now that it's officially off, I'm quite gutted. I was prevaricating on the whole issue of whether to go or not, and had come to the conclusion that the low crowds would be kinda interesting.

Now I'm just sad...

I had a flight for September 15th, no doubt that would have been cancelled too had I not already opted for an open ticket. I'm planning on doing my Disney Double Header next year so I'll use it then when the flights become available for Oct/Nov 2021 and Disney release the bookings for then. Outbound to LA and inbound from Orlando. I would highly recommend for anyone to do the Disney Double Header of both Disneys in the same trip, especially getting into Orlando on a domestic flight and no immigration!!!

We also had our September 17th flight cancelled today. The stupid thing is they issued me with new e-tickets for the change of airport at 4am this morning and then at 12.45pm they cancelled, where’s the logic?

We’d already said we’d be cancelling WDW due to the lack of communication over where we’ll be staying with our resort closed. We just need to Disney Cruise to cancel now or be forced to cancel by the CDC extending the no sail order so that we can get a refund and not a move to another sailing.

Mum and I were really looking forward to returning to WDW and experiencing our first Disney Cruise but in all honesty neither of us want to do any of it now. We may decide to cruise again at some point in the future but when we’re ready

@LunaMini they probably had to reallocate to the new airport in order to actually issue the cancellation to be fair as otherwise your flight would be in limbo.

Can't you cancel the Disney cruise element anyway? I thought they had changed their rulings so you could get a refund a certain number of days before sailing (60) through all cruises this year

@LunaMini

Can't you cancel the Disney cruise element anyway? I thought they had changed their rulings so you could get a refund a certain number of days before sailing (60) through all cruises this year

Unfortunately not. We're concierge, so even before the PIF we would have lost our deposit if we had cancelled at any point. There is the option to move the cruise date now up to 15 days before sailing, so if nothing is cancelled before then we will move to next year at some point.

Unfortunately not. We're concierge, so even before the PIF we would have lost our deposit if we had cancelled at any point. There is the option to move the cruise date now up to 15 days before sailing, so if nothing is cancelled before then we will move to next year at some point.

So frustrating. I forgot the rules were different for conceirge.

@LunaMini in case you haven't seen CDC has said that ships can't sail til at least October 1st so your cancellation notice should be threw soon I would think

@LunaMini in case you haven't seen CDC has said that ships can't sail til at least October 1st so your cancellation notice should be threw soon I would think
Thanks, I saw the announcement last night, just waiting on DCL with the official email now. Will then decide whether to take the refund or the Cruise Credit. The Credit amount is almost too good to turn down but who knows when it’s going to be safe to travel or when we’ll even be allowed into the country!

Thanks, I saw the announcement last night, just waiting on DCL with the official email now. Will then decide whether to take the refund or the Cruise Credit. The Credit amount is almost too good to turn down but who knows when it’s going to be safe to travel or when we’ll even be allowed into the country!
You probably know this already, but others may not - I think others who have taken the credit on earlier cruises have found that the extra % only covers the upscale costs for a similar sailing the following year. It basically means you can get next year’s cruise at this year’s price. A good deal, but I think some were surprised that they weren’t getting a load of “free money” to pay for excursions, drinks etc.

We haven't had any communication from Virgin about our 3rd Sept flight - it even still shows it flying from Gatwick. I guess it's probably because we booked through Virgin Holidays rather than Virgin Atlantic. I just wish they would get in touch so I could reschedule! I like to have something booked to look forward to :laughing:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter