Virgin Holidays with WDW hotel - no shuttle?

So very weirdly I checked my reservation yesterday and spotted that the transfer had reappeared! I'm sure they had removed it previously! So another chat with them and a further £15.80 has been taken off my bill but seriously weird that it came back on. I definitely asked for it to be removed at time of booking. So definitely check and double check your booking!

There's plenty of availability for the Epcot resorts for most of the year. It's only the allocation given to the UK travel companies which is restricted. As has already been pointed out this is what caused the problems last year with Virgin. At the moment on the USA site some rooms are sold out but they are mainly some club level rooms/suites of which there are a limited number.

Annoying - on Disney UK there is little available for first week in November this year at Epcot resorts. Boardwalk not available at all. Only suite level at Yacht or Beach Club ,£8000 and £4000 respectively for 7 nights!

Annoying - on Disney UK there is little available for first week in November this year at Epcot resorts. Boardwalk not available at all. Only suite level at Yacht or Beach Club ,£8000 and £4000 respectively for 7 nights!

There's plenty of availability for this week on the USA site for virtually all category rooms at the Epcot resorts. There's also discounts available for AP holders and DVC members.

How do you book via the US site? It just redirects to the UK site. And presumably they'll still allow UK people to book via the US site? Disney UK is "just" a travel agent I guess, you don't have to use them.

How do you book via the US site? It just redirects to the UK site. And presumably they'll still allow UK people to book via the US site? Disney UK is "just" a travel agent I guess, you don't have to use them.

Click on the globe, top of the page to the right and change the setting to US English. You'll then by able to stay on the US page. It might kick you out at first but repeat and you should be fine.
Yes, no problem with booking from the UK. I do it all the time. You'll have the option of booking numerous types of rooms and also with or without tickets. I have an AP so always choose 'without'. It's also deposit only with the balance to be paid on arrival and cancellation can be made up to arrival which is a huge bonus if you want to change hotels.

If you do book through the US site it pays to keep a check on discounts which are announced throughout the year and check whether your booking needs to be amended for a better rate.

Shuttle cost is included in your Virgin booking. After booking you can phone Disney and book the ME as long as you have your resort confirmation number. Once your ME booking is confirmed then phone Virgin and they will give you a refund for the amount of the transfer fee. We normally use the Virgin DS check-in for our return so last year we booked ME just one way from MCO to our resort. Virgin gave us a refund of £48 off of our final bill when I phoned and cancelled the arrival shuttle. Hope this helps.

Just doing some "trial" bookings with Virgin Holidays, selecting a WDW resort, and when it gets to transport, you get the options of a hire car, shared shuttle to and from the airport (at a cost of £7.26) or "I'll make my own way". Magical Express is actually inclusive for guests at WDW resorts, so what's happening here? Can you select "I'll make my own way" and then call Disney separately to arrange the shuttle, or can you not arrange transport through Disney for packages not bought from them and Virgin wants to charge you extra for arranging the "free" shuttle on your behalf?

Yes you absolutely can! I have for our holiday in April. Booked Magical Express online direct with Disney, quoted my Virgin Hols booking ref number and no problems at all. Cheeky gits at Virgin wanted to charge me £60 for coach transfer with Disney hotel booked. Oh and I selected "make my own way" when I was booking the holiday.

Yes you absolutely can! I have for our holiday in April. Booked Magical Express online direct with Disney, quoted my Virgin Hols booking ref number and no problems at all. Cheeky gits at Virgin wanted to charge me £60 for coach transfer with Disney hotel booked. Oh and I selected "make my own way" when I was booking the holiday.
They are not cheeky gits at Virgin - if you use the Virgin shuttle then it is a Mears mini-bus that costs - but you also get free DS check-in on your last day so you can spend a few more hours there instead of just waiting at the hotel for the bus. Also the tour operators do not have access to the Magical Express so cannot offer it - however if you book it direct and then tell Virgin then they will credit you with the transfer charge so you are not paying for something that you are not getting. Our experience though is that the Virgin transfer is a lot quicker than the ME. Have never booked Virgin on-line - always go to our local Virgin booking office and have always got a better price there than the on-line quotes that I get by doing the typical trial bookings to check prices. I don't know why they offer the "I'll make my own way" when the brochure prices automatically include the transfer fee if you are not renting a car.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts