Virgin online check-in at DVC resorts?

Hilary

There's always something new to learn!
Have any of you done this without using your own laptop? i.e. would I be able to go to the front desk / concierge and check-in online? We'll be in SSR at check-in time and I'm wondering about this instead of DTD check-in.

I've seen posts on the US DVC board about doing this for US airlines that participate in ME, but wonder whether there's the same facility for Virgin flights without using ME.

Haven't done it in Orlando Hilary, but we did it in California last year.

We just went to the internet lounge and used the computer there to log on to the Virgin Atlantic website and complete on-line check-in.
It worked perfectly on the way home, which is more than can be said for the flight out!

Kev

Kevin Stringer said:
It worked perfectly on the way home, which is more than can be said for the flight out!
What went wrong with it on the way out? I was planning to use it then too.

I've just read your trip report of your online check-in experience and am now unsure about what to do! Too many choices, that's the trouble ;)

Hilary, I think our problem was that we were using rewards flights and this meant we had 2 seperate bookings. There is a point you reach when using on-line check-in that allows you to link 2 bookings together. In theory you will then all sit together. This didn't work for us on our outbound flight.

I presume it would be a lot more likely to work efficiently if your whole party was travelling under one booking.
When it works, it works very well. It was very easy just dropping our luggage off and not having to wait in a long line.

Kev

That's reassured me somewhat, Kev, and I think we'll definitely give it a go outbound. Depending on how we get along with that, we'll see whether we want to try doing the same coming back.

Hilary, if your outward journey is straightforward, then online check-in is wonderful!! I will be very interested to find out if you can do it from a DVC resort for the return journey - that would be extremely useful!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter