Virus on these boards?

Dakota731

DIS Veteran
I keep getting pop ups that say "congratulation I won..." and I can't even go on DISBOARDS on my phone any more. And it's no other websites involved, and I go on fifty a day! I hope they fix it with their upgrade Saturday.

Same here. It is awful. Doesn’t matter if I use Safari or Chrome on my iPad or iPhone stupid pop up takes over and I have to close the window and reopen. Sometimes it happens so much I just give up and skip the boards.

Lots of us are dealing with it, and, especially since it seems to be occurring only on the DIS boards, I find it extremely disappointing that no moderator has come on, even to say "I'm very sorry that is happening. Maybe try...."

This happens from time to time and on various sites. It came back for me here the last few days too.

Lots of us are dealing with it, and, especially since it seems to be occurring only on the DIS boards, I find it extremely disappointing that no moderator has come on, even to say "I'm very sorry that is happening. Maybe try...."
I posted my issue on the Tech Forum a few weeks ago. Not many responses - one person was having the same problem, somebody else said it must be my browser. It stopped for a bit, now it's back.

I posted my issue on the Tech Forum a few weeks ago. Not many responses - one person was having the same problem, somebody else said it must be my browser. It stopped for a bit, now it's back.

I've had the problem here on the DIS in the past too and it always cleared up pretty quick but this latest round has been terrible. Like others, I would sometimes just give up trying to check out the boards on my phone. I'm occasionally getting it on my laptop but nothing as bad as the phone. Hopefully they take care of it soon!

New
I had it on my android phone, go to your browser in settings, hit force stop and then Clear Dataand Clear Cache.
It will be gone.. Im sure its the same for the computers.

Did that several times and it didn’t work. And doubt it was a google ad since I’ve never used google once on my phone. It’s definitely a virus on this board and it happened about a year ago as well. No other sites are affected so hopefully it’s addressed during the updates.

Did that several times and it didn’t work. And doubt it was a google ad since I’ve never used google once on my phone. It’s definitely a virus on this board and it happened about a year ago as well. No other sites are affected so hopefully it’s addressed during the updates.

This site uses Google AdSense to serve ads. That's what they are referring to.

Wow thank you for posting. Only happens on the dis and only when using my ipad.
Maybe after Saturday’s upgrade it will be better? Its so frustrating I just leave the dis since it keeps happening.

Mine is both my laptop and my iphone. It seems to be Ok in Chrome, but in Microsoft Edge I get the popups with a loud shrill nonstop tone. Very annoying.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter