VISA questions...

MATTERHORN

<font color=purple>HA HA take that all of you unco
Hello all! I've read so much I think I'm starting to confuse myself and want to make sure I have this right. '

Flights are as follows and will be on all different airlines, so 4 different tickets. Will we be okay with the free VISA?

LAX to Hong Kong, staying three days.

Hong Kong to Shanghai, staying 3 days.

Shanghai to Osaka, then onto Japan and home.

Do I need to do anything special or will confirmations of all these be good enough? Also, what process do we have to follow when we get to the airport? Thanks in advance for any details. I feel like I need someone to explain it out step by step! LOL

Hello! Yes your plans will work with the 144 hour transit visa. I just got back from a trip where we did Hong Kong > Shanghai > Tokyo, so almost the same as you.

This is how it went for us last month. When we first got off the plane, there is a station where your fingerprints are all taken before you even get to immigration. After that, we passed by some booths that had transit visa signs, but I think they were closed for the day because they just had a piece of paper on them that said to continue though to the immigration area. At immigration, there was a sign labeled for us to go to, it either said transit or special. The officer had us fill out a specific paper, and then spent a few minutes typing stuff into the computer. She then had us pass through to another desk behind her, where a different officer spent time going over all of our documents and asked a few questions about our stay. I had printed out our hotel reservation and departing flight information which I highly suggest doing, as the officer needed to see that to enter it into the system. After about 15 minutes total, we were given a visa sticker into our passport and let through.

Let me know if you have more questions :earsboy:

Hello! Yes your plans will work with the 144 hour transit visa. I just got back from a trip where we did Hong Kong > Shanghai > Tokyo, so almost the same as you.

This is how it went for us last month. When we first got off the plane, there is a station where your fingerprints are all taken before you even get to immigration. After that, we passed by some booths that had transit visa signs, but I think they were closed for the day because they just had a piece of paper on them that said to continue though to the immigration area. At immigration, there was a sign labeled for us to go to, it either said transit or special. The officer had us fill out a specific paper, and then spent a few minutes typing stuff into the computer. She then had us pass through to another desk behind her, where a different officer spent time going over all of our documents and asked a few questions about our stay. I had printed out our hotel reservation and departing flight information which I highly suggest doing, as the officer needed to see that to enter it into the system. After about 15 minutes total, we were given a visa sticker into our passport and let through.

Let me know if you have more questions :earsboy:
Thank you! That is exactly what I was looking for. Someone also mentioned you need to give them your passport info at the hotel as well and they enter it?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter