Vistana Village/I-drive or Vistana Resorts/LBV?

Ludwig Von Drake

Mouseketeer
Both are available for our dates on hotelkingdom.com. Which should we choose? Kids 11,8,6,and 3. Pool and easy to get to/from WDW are most important.

I can't tell you much about Vistana Resort except that it is a lot bigger than Vistana Village. We have stayed at Vistana Village and it is not terribly spread out. It is a really beautiful resort - the units are just like what you see in the pictures. All the furnishings are top quality.

The only things I didn't like:
1. The shower in the master bath has no shelves or anywhere to put you shampoo and such except on the floor. Also, in both baths you did not have the option to turn on just the light and not the fan - you got both whether you wanted it or not. (Little things like that bug me.)
2. The huge window in the master bedroom is covered by a heavy lace curtain but no real drapes. There are decorative drapes on either side of the window but they
don't actually close. My dh insisted that no one could see in but I felt kind of exposed.
3. The nearest groc. store closes at about 10 pm, there are not a lot of restaurants or anything between the villas and the parks, and the snack bar is pretty expensive. (So be sure to stock your kitchen before the groc. store closes.)

Getting to Disney property is a breeze but I do recommend getting hold of a transportation map so that you will know where you are going once you get on property.

Reading back over this I realize that it sounds kind of negative but I don't mean to be. Our stay there got off to a bad start (most of which was our fault) and we wound up moving to the WL for the rest of our trip. That said - we are thinking about trying the Vistana Village again on our next trip. It is one of the most luxurious places I have ever stayed and a great deal for the price. Hope this helps.:)

Oh, about the pool - we weren't there long enough to try it but I do know that it is a zero-depth entry pool which is great for younger kids or non-swimmers. They also have inner tubes available.

Which should we choose? Kids 11,8,6,and 3. Pool and easy to get to/from WDW are most important.

Both offer very nice pools. Both are easy to get to WDW but Vistana Resort (the older one) is closer to WDW by about 10 minutes drive. If you don't mind that your room might be a longer walk to the pool(s) - depending on where you are assigned - then choose the Resort. If you don't mind a slightly longer drive but want certainty of a room convenient to the main pool, then choose the Villages.

You mention Vistana Resort in your opening sentence and before you close your reply you say you will try Vistana Village on you next trip. Is your post referring to the village or the resort?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter