Viva Italia Duffel Bags?

stitchineeyore

Mouseketeer
I have seen references from Viva Italia alumni about receiving duffel bags from Adventures by Disney after arrival in Rome. Can anybody tell me about this? Our departure is May 28, and I would like to know more about this. First of all, do we get 'em? If so, are they sturdy enough to be checked as luggage on the way back? I like to bring along a folding small duffel that can be filled with clothing and checked, to allow room for souvenirs in the sturdier checked bag. If the disney one:stitch::eeyore: will do, I don't need to bring one along. Any help is much appreciated!

If it's the same duffel that we got on Southwest Splendors (and I can't imagine why it wouldn't be) I would not consider it sturdy enough to check. Great for on the bus, or maybe as a carryon, but I wouldn't feel safe checking it, unless I totally didn't care about the contents...

Sayhello

We did receive them last year on Viva Italia. As far as getting them again this year, I don't know and haven't heard from anyone yet.
They are made of very thin nylon and I'll ditto what sayhello said about not being sturdy enough to be checked. It will definitely get squashed and possibly ripped.

Wish they had back straps to use as a back pack. would be great to pack a sweater or jacket

Wish they had back straps to use as a back pack. would be great to pack a sweater or jacket
I think it's way too large, long & awkward to carry on your back even if it did have straps! The bag is approximately 9" W x 11" H by 20" long.

You should get an actual backpack before you go...

Sayhello

We got the duffel bag last week on Viva Italia. It's fully collaspable. We used it as a carry on for our souvenirs. I think it would probably hold up being checked, it's not ultra thin or anything like that.

My husband and I were on Viva Italia April 30-May 8. We did get the duffel bag in Rome. It was not like the nylon one in the picture. It was more of a canvas material. It seemed pretty sturdy, but it was not very big. I probably would have checked it with dirty clothes inside if I had needed an extra checked bag.

So this duffel bag is in additon to the backpack you get before you leave? Also, if you have just returned from Viva Italia this year, we'd love to get a trip report!

Yes, but the duffel bag will be waiting for you in your hotel room on your first ABD night hotel stay where as the backpack is shipped to your home before your ABD trip.

Cool! I like getting Disney swag. What other goodies might we expect during the ABD experience (even though I'm going to China, I'm sure it'll be the same)?

From our China trip last year with ABD, we were given battery operating face fans, mickey shaped luggage tags, ABD pins each day, pictures of us taken by the ABD guides at various points in our trip, ABD pens, and many more items. Our guides always kept us supplied with treats and bottled water whenever we traveled by bus. Of course the free bottles of water were available at all the hotels every day. We received a special present at the end of our trip from our ABD guides as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter